D23 Update

D23 has it from here, and will let us know her plans in due time. One thing I am certain, her destination will be a place not even on our radar when we started this process- and for the better. It will be a much better fit than anything I proposed 18 months ago.

I will surely log in obsessively 2 years from now with little sister, but will be on hiatus until then.

I have learned a lot from all of you, and my daughter (and heart) will have benefitted greatly as a result. So for that, I am eternally grateful for this anonymous community I will never meet.

As I go dark, I would encourage anyone reading this and still early in the process, to keep an open mind towards what works best for your kid. Be obsessive about fit (in all ways). That process is hard, and unpredictable. And the result might not make for the most impressive bumper sticker (but it might!).

I wish you and yours nothing but the best.

PS
I doubt I can resist the temptation to log in and share what I now know.

12 Likes

Why resist?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, please pass on your knowledge. That’s what makes this site so awesome.

3 Likes

Why not? We have several Meet Up threads going. CCers are just as great IRL as on the forum. :blush:

No need to leave just because you’re no longer in application mode. I joined when our son was looking at boarding schools. He’s now a captain in the Army. If you ever figure out how to resist the temptation, let me know.

3 Likes