Dartmouth College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

What documents did they ask for? I’m asking purely to see if I have them submitted already :slight_smile:

i got mine three days ago. not sure if it means anything but i’ve read other cc threads that say it might indicate sth. very, very anxious. also i’m an international student

We’ve got this bro!
I know many students at Dartmouth, they all had received this too. Not receiving it doesnt mean rejection but receiving it does mean acceptance or at least waitlist.

1 Like

Would this document people are referring to only apply for a student who is applying for financial aid?

1 Like

Yes

Did anyone submit the financial aid document late? I had one of them submitted on 11.28 which was a really late date because of obstacles from bureaucracy. I am wondering how would this affect the change in the portal. I mean, is it gonna change way later than others assuming there is good news? But I guess I will probably not receive any good news, the chances are too low.

I submitted a noncustodial parent waiver a tad late, but not as late as you. I’m sure it is fine. And the financial date changes don’t necessarily mean anything. I have looked at lots of forums and there have been people who have had their dates changed and have been rejected. There have been people who did not have their dates changed and were accepted. I think since they got it recently there would be no need for a date change, but again, the date change actually holds little value. I say this after lots of research. I hope this helps!!!

Thanks a lot, that really helps.

Did anyone receive a portal change in the financial aid tab? International here and they added yesterday the employer statement for both my parents and waived something called Signed Custodial Parents’ 2021 Income Tax Return. Is this a good sign?

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea when the decision is going to come out? Is there a chance it comes out on Friday (similar time to last year)?

1 Like

have u received any email from the fa office? im also an international student tho i noticed that there has been a date change for my 2021 income tax return but i don’t see the employer statement on my portal. Are the two documents interchangeable? btw, from past threads, an email or a portal update tend to be a good sign but there’s nothing for sure i guess

1 Like

My country doesn’t file taxes so I submitted employer statements only. Two days ago, these employer statements appeared on my FA section in the portal along with a waived Signed Custodial Parents’ 2021 Income Tax Return. All dates then changed to 12/06 on the portal.

1 Like

Based on the past several years, it is most likely next Tuesday or Thursday. Last year was the first time in 8 years it was on a Friday.

1 Like

I wish they would announce the date.

1 Like

With Cornell, Penn and Columbia all announcing today that it will 12/15 at 7pm, I would assume Dartmouth will follow suit. Although there isn’t an ‘ivy day’ for ED, it makes sense if everyone else is doing the same date, they all will.

2 Likes

This is what my portal says:
The Admissions Office is now in the final stages of the Early Decision application review process. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email notifying you of the date and time the decision on your candidacy will be available.

Not sure if this means today or next week…

1 Like

I’m guessing next week. But definitely on pins and needles. Was hoping S would hear from one of his safety schools before hearing from Dartmouth. In the statistically likely case of deferral/rejection, it’s nice to have an offer in hand somewhere. Not sure that’s going to happen though.

Good luck! My son fortunately has two EA acceptances in hand, although both are safety schools so not anything he is overly excited about, but it will still help lessen the blow a little bit.

1 Like

did it just switch today?

2 Likes

Last year people seemed to get that message on their portal and it looks like later that afternoon they got an email about decisions being out that night … but could be the next day??? Not sure. DD applied ED and we are playing the guessing game:)

3 Likes