Dartmouth College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

It should be today-- signed an alum

Wouldn’t they have already sent an email if it was being released today?

5 Likes

Sorry I had seen an email that made it sound like they were about to release decisions on Friday- Hopefully by the end of this week.

2 Likes

Any idea when ED results will be sent out?!

1 Like

It’s looking like it will be Friday afternoon, based on messages people sent to the Dartmouth Admissions instagram.

2 Likes

friday afternoon

4 Likes

Is there a set time or a time at the latest when it would be released?

1 Like

I don’t see any on IG except a bunch of athletes committing “to the admissions process.”

Friday Dec 16 3pm ET-- on Dartmouth Admissions IG.

2 Likes

Does anyone still have the ‘withdraw’ button still active on the portal? My son’s disappeared within the last few days. Not sure if there is any meaning to that or not

1 Like

I wouldn’t read anything into it. Everyone tries to decipher weird portal things and they are never meaningful. Don’t even look. You’ll drive yourself crazy.

2 Likes

It doesn’t mean anything regarding outcome for your son. It likely just happens because decisions are getting finalized and loaded in so it is now too late to withdraw his application through the portal - this happens on many schools’ portals.

One funny thing I can tell you from last year. My son was on his way home and was due to be home right exactly at 3:00p ET when the decision was supposed to be uploaded to his portal - and I thought I would be able to be with him when he opened it. He wasn’t home still at 2:58p and then he called me to tell me that he got in. Of course, my irrational reaction was, are you sure? It isn’t 3 yet!

He got notified somehow (maybe another email? that I can’t remember), pulled over to the side of the road and opened his portal. So apparently they were released a few minutes early. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Was seeing lots of different theories about what it might mean. Was hoping to get some data to see if those theories are accurate or not.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon!!

Fellow D '26 parent here
fwiw, last year they released at 5 pm (so maybe you’re thinking 3 pm Mountain time?).

1 Like

Hi, yes, I must have overcorrected my mental time zone switches, haha, thanks (we are in mountain time). And it appears this year it is 3:00 pm ET.

2 Likes

I am trying to not post any Chance Me posts. I feel like it will make the time pass, or improve the outcome, or something. It won’t. I did go for a very long run and that helped. I’m too tired to be anxious now. S23 not showing his cards and has become very non-communicative. :pleading_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

2.5 hours to go
:smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

30 minutes!!

Did anybody get in?

Deferred
S23
White Male, Large public CA school
4.0/4.5
35 ACT
12 APs
Legacy
Good ECs and such

Disappointed. Needless to say they won’t be getting the big check in the mail they asked for literally yesterday.

2 Likes