Dartmouth Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Dartmouth College offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 15. All ED2 applications should receive an admissions decision by April 15. Last year, Dartmouth admitted 574 of the 2,474 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 23.2%.

For more information visit the Dartmouth College page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Dartmouth applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Dartmouth College? Why Dartmouth? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Dartmouth topics visit the dartmouth-college tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Dartmouth Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

ED deadline is 11/1, not 11/15. Apply to Dartmouth | Dartmouth Admissions

1 Like

Seems applicants starts getting interview mails

1 Like

Friend’s son received likely letter as an athletic candidate at Dartmouth College.

1 Like

hi everyone! i applied ed dartmouth and am absolutely freaking out about the decision next month. anyone want to commiserate? my story is really unique and i have a great essay and recs, but my ap classes are pathetic and my gpa’s only a 3.8. also, i didn’t submit test scores. am i way over my head?

All the best. Hope your essay and EC’s will compensate other stats. Did you finish interview yet?

From our college advisor experience, you may be burning your ED on Dartmouth from what you’ve said in your post about credentials. Did you have any college advising help? Any schools you loved besides Dartmouth? The ED acceptance rates are not what they appear on the surface and do next to nothing for Ivies or Top 20 schools. Lots of articles out there breaking that part down and once you remove recruited athletes or kids from specific programs for first generation or lower income levels, the acceptance rates are close to RD for the tippy top schools. Good luck to you in any case and hope it works out.

My understanding is that recruited athletes will typically apply ED and legacy students frequently will also. These will stretch the statistics.

You need to make sure that you also apply to at least one and preferably two safeties. Applying to some match schools might also make sense depending upon how you feel about your safeties.

Then try to relax (which I know is tough). There are a lot of great universities, and you can do well at any one of a very long list of schools.

1 Like

Not sure, posting url’s to external sites are allowed or not. let me try, here are the detailed stats for 2025 class: How to Get Into Dartmouth: Admissions Data and Strategies

Does Dartmouth require first quarter grades? If so, how do we submit them?

The request would go to your counselor and they take care of it.

I received requests for “first quarter” grades on November 16th. Those were due on November 23rd; however, given the holiday week, I expect that Penn expected most of those to be submitted on Nov. 29th.

Sorry, that should have been “I expect that Dartmouth expected”. I haven’t received requests from Penn yet.

Does it mean anything if you did or did not receive a first quarter transcript request?

Did anyone’s Dartmouth financial aid portal have a date change in when the documents were received? My dates changed to early December (except css profile and fafsa that were 11/1 and 10/28 respectively). Does this mean anything lol?

Yep, my fin aid document dates also changed. Did you get some financial aid email requesting additional documents? I don’t think it means anything tho.

I didn’t get an email but I’ve heard others that it varies across the board whether your portal dates changed or you got an fa email

do you know if people can get updates at different times? like if we didn’t get an update yet in early dec could we still get one later before the release date?

hey there! Honestly don’t feel bad, you are going to do great either way - I promise whether you go to dartmouth or not. I freaked out too because I have no ap classes or honors classes, so see yourself as an awesome person. You had the bravery to apply to dartmouth and that is amazing.