Dates and hotel reservations

<p>I’m thinking it may be time to put some reservations on hold for next year. What would y’all recommend?<br>
-Family weekend, are their tentative dates for that? All our kids want to be included, lol- from San Fran, Missouri, & NJ, but they all have jobs so at least they can pay their own air. It would be nice to get reasonable rate at a decent hotel since it looks like 2-3 rooms. Is there a home game that weekend I hope, because otherwise there will be a road trip at some point.
-Move in weekend, not sure with Alabama Action or whatever exactly when that will be. Or, whether S will just fly down and I will ship stuff ahead.
-Iron Bowl, it’s at Auburn next year, right? Everyone has decided they would like to do that once, so probably the year after next.
Bama Bound - need to confirm which one S will be attending, hopefully one of the early honors, but think they coincide with graduation. Is it tough to get a hotel during that time?</p>

<p>Anything I am forgetting?</p>

<p>Roll Tide</p>

<p>Family Weekend 2011 has not been announced yet. When it is, there will be an update on the parent association website ([Student</a> Affairs | Parent Programs](<a href=“http://parents.ua.edu/]Student”>http://parents.ua.edu/)). It will give information on purchasing game tickets, a schedule of events and hotels. </p>

<p>Alabama/Outdoor Action: Again, the calendar for move-in has not been uploaded to the website, but this year, it was Aug. 8. Look for the same general time this fall.</p>

<p>Auburn will host the Iron Bowl Nov. 26.</p>

<p>Bama Bound: We had no trouble getting a hotel room. Just plan ahead.</p>

<p>If not already, at some point, you can sign up for an email alert for Parents Weekend…</p>

<p>A hint…it’s always the weekend of a home game…and typically a non-conference home game or less popular conference game.</p>

<p>My guess is that it’s either going to be the weekend of Sept 3 ( Kent State ) or the weekend of Sept 17 (North Texas).</p>

<p>There really is no such thing as “reasonable rates” in the T-town area during game day weekends. Rates are high even at the cheap places (like $150 per night at LaQuinta). However, the earlier you book the better.</p>

<p>However, some people book in B’ham and drive in for the game so as to get better rates.</p>

<p>Don’t delay, book as soon as you can. We booked in the spring (at Wingate) for Parents Weekend and rates were like $200 per night with a 2 night minimum.</p>