Dates for Fall 2013

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I was curious, in previous years when have incoming freshman received an email about housing selection times and orientation dates? Also, when do Fall courses usually become available?</p>

<p>Thanks so much! :)</p>

<p>Last year Bama Bound orientation dates were posted mid to late January…not sure about when you will receive an email regarding housing seletion times but I do remember S had 1st selection time and it was mid-April…fall courses should be listed by March…as the upperclassmen will have their fall registration then. </p>

<p>Not to worry Bama keeps seats and releases them throughout the summer registrations…S went to the last Honors BB in July and got all of his desired classes…he switched out a few sections for different times over the summer and ended up with no Friday classes and no classes before 10 am…Hope this helps…Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^^ Same here. My son attended last Honors BB last summer and left with a schedule he was happy with. After retutrning home he was able to tweet it a bit to make it even more desirable for him. :)</p>

<p>When was the first Honors BAMA Bound session? The last?</p>

<p>We are noticing that DD’s calendar is getting HUGELY full for the rest of her last semester as a high school senior, and wonder if Honors BAMA Bound has to squeeze in there someplace!</p>

<p>you may not be able to make one of the honors bama bounds. things like prom and graduation are usually in conflict. just try to go as early as you can.</p>

<p>Is there an Honors BAMA Bound offered after HS graduation? In late May?</p>

<p>My recollection is that there were a couple of the honors sessions in late May (after Memorial Day but before my daughter’s HS graduation) and then another in July.</p>

<p>That would work. Our Commencement is May 17th.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>I just talked to the orientation office today and was told that the dates had not been finalized, but to expect the four honors dates to be surrounding Memorial Day. I’m thinking the last two weeks in May or first two in June. She said that nothing would be finalized for the first few weeks and we would register in mid-February</p>

<p>Three years ago, we did an Honors Bama Bound with the Blount kids that was the first weekend in June. I believe it was the third honors session. Some classes were already filled, but after AP credits came in, he had to tweak his schedule anyway. You’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Dd has AP from last year and is taking four more this year…I’ve read that you just assume 4’s or 5’s for AP test scores and readjust if that doesn’t happen?</p>

<p>I just remembered that last Memorial Day was our VISIT and there was a BAMA Bound going on…we saw them at the Microtel, the Fergunson and all over campus.</p>

<p>My DD was at the Memorial Day Bama Bound - good experience but found that overall it was cut short because of the holiday weekend. Fewer activities, most of the students brought family so there was less socializing. She wanted to go without parents so ended up with a good bit of free time to explore the campus on her own.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s what we did. It all worked out.</p>

<p>When we visited in October and did the information session we were told one of the dates for Bama Bound was around June 11 or 12. D graduates on the 8th (late this year). She will graduate that morning. Grad party that day and get to do a few of her friends grad parties then head to T-Town.</p>

<p>Question about Bama Bound and families. The Bama Bound students stay in the dorms? The rest of the family in a hotel?</p>

<p>Question about Bama Bound and families. The Bama Bound students stay in the dorms? The rest of the family in a hotel?</p>

<p>You can stay in the dorms (for a fee) or a hotel, your choice.</p>

<p>For those interested in staying in the dorms during BB:</p>

<p>Entering freshmen students are generally assigned to one tower with other entering freshmen while parents (and siblings) are assigned to the other tower of RCS. As mentioned above, there is an additional fee for parents (and siblings) to stay in the dorms, but it isn’t much compared to the hotel costs and allows for getting a feel for the dorms or taking measurements if you like. You should be aware, however, it is not a hotel experience. A few years back when our oldest went, there was a BB scheduled just before Memorial Day.</p>

<p>if you take more than one student and one family member to bama bound, imo, it is a better choice to get a hotel room than stay in the dorm.</p>

<p>of course, the students should stay in the dorm, but it was not very inviting for me, as a parent.</p>

<p>i was planning to stay in the dorm, but when my husband decided to come along, we went with a hotel room.</p>

<p>It worked fine for us since we had two siblings in tow. We were able to take the whole suite since there were four of us.:slight_smile: It was less comfortable than a hotel, but the younger high schoolers enjoyed it anyway. :slight_smile: Since we’ve been there before, I won’t plan to stay in the dorms next time…bring on the hotel!</p>

<p>If you are traveling from OOS, it can require a little more intensive planning to stay in the dorm.</p>

<p>In the dorms you’ll have just the basics…bed, bathroom with shower, toilet, and vanity, sofa, table, and not much else. Since it’s a dorm, nothing else is furnished…trash can, television, toiletries if you forget something. You will get basic linens, but students should bring their own or there is an additional fee to rent them. It can be convenient to be right there on campus though, and there are laundry rooms in case you had to wash BBQ sauce out of something.:)</p>