Dating in College

<p>Inconclusive, who do you mean? White guys? I have no problem dating a white guy but not the ones in my school. Most of the kids in my school are Russian and are very into their culture. They’re parents would have a fit if they didn’t date Russian women. Since they were raised on these ideals neither of them would ever even think of dating a black girl and for that I don’t think about dating them.</p>

<p>@HBrown I feel sorry for you.
I was raised in East Africa and I understand this culture thing.
I am very sure college dating will be much better.</p>

<p>East Africa represent! :D</p>

<p>There’s someone out there for everyone right?</p>

<p>I’m not in college yet but I can’t seem to find myself attracted to anything but black guys and I’m not sure how my dating life will go over well with the HBCU girl/guy ratio @ 3:1 LOL We need more black guys in college!!</p>

<p>I thought I’d put my two cents in on this.</p>

<p>I’ve been raised in suburbia all my life. A rather diverse suburbia. Lots of Asians, Whites, Hispanics, and a good amount of Blacks too.</p>

<p>I absolutely don’t discriminate when it comes to guys. I loves them all =)</p>

<p>^^ Same for me. At my school, it is not uncommon to see black guys in IRs, but it is for girls. I mean we have a few but its not significant, and it’s still looked at as something odd when it happens. Idk, I guess thats just how VA is. Im hoping Chicago is better when it comes to race relations, because I am an equal opportunity dater. :D</p>

<p>I like pretty much any race of guys. I’m pretty open. Just gotta meet the prerequisites. Chicago is pretty open on the dating scene. My uncle had a Russian wife, and I don’t think interracial dating is taboo.</p>

<p>Do you guys like dating people older than you or younger? Or does it just not matter?</p>

<p>Good to hear.</p>

<p>I personally like dating my age or older. Only because of experiences I have had so far with younger guys. In high school it seems like a year younger in age is 10 years younger in mental stability. lol</p>

<p>I’m 17 and a senior cuz I skipped a grade. I’m younger than all the other girls in my grade and they don’t like younger guys. Oh well…</p>

<p>That’s really a blower. I mean I understand were they are coming from because I am the same way, but I guess it does suck for the guys who get looked over because we are stereotyping all younger guys as idiots :/</p>

<p>It’s cool. They want older guys at the cost of being treated badly, used, etc. Besides, i think I’ve found a girl that doesn’t really care if I’m a year younger than her.</p>

<p>^ you can try sophomore girls.</p>

<p>

I actually prefer younger girls. I think most man prefer younger girls!
I may be wrong but I think most man prefer this mostly because of the physical reasons.</p>

<p>Lol I’ve always dated older guys even if they were just a few months older. I’ve liked younger guys, but we just never dated or anything. My boyfriend is what only 2 years older than me or so. I’m gonna be 18 on Wed. and he’s 20. But I don’t know, I’ve always said I ONLY date older guys, but in all honesty, I’ve just never dated a younger guy b/c it just never happened. I think I’m just more inclined to talking to older guys and subsequently, dating them than I am with younger guys.</p>

<p>@Inconclusive- I think you’re right b/c younger girls are I guess more “vivacious” to older guys. Then again, older women start to want younger guys lol I think of cougars and How Stella Got Her Groove Back. But yeah, my boyfriend said older women start nagging and what not. I thought that was hilarious.</p>

<p>@Inconclusive- I can only speak for my surroundings when I say this but quite a few guys go out with older girls in my school. A lot of my model united nations friends go to college conferences for the purpose of getting college girls because “girls our age are just too much drama”. So I have seen guys go for both younger and older around here. The girls mostly go for older guys…</p>

<p>Now when we examine the 20+ crowd thats a little different. I know too many college grads (guys) who go to HS sports games just to get girls…LAME. (and kind of illegal…)</p>

<p>No thank you to sophomores. I’m going to college soon. Going from 15-16 year olds to 18-19 year olds is a huge difference.</p>

<p>@Mouse- That’s hilarious but so true. Hahaha</p>

<p>BeautifulNerd219 </p>

<p>Two years difference or even six years is not that big deal but the underage… </p>

<p>To me 17 is too young but 18 is grown up woman!
Only one year make a huge difference.</p>

<p>Congratulations, I just found out your Cornell news!</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Lol yeah that’s true. I remember when I was a freshman, this senior liked my friend who was 14. He was 18. So now that she’s 18, his whole perception has changed. Funny how time flies by though. </p>

<p>Lol I’ll be 18 in 5 days so no worries about legal issues and dating haha. </p>

<p>And thanks :-)</p>

<p>^ You got be ready for the real stuff soon after 4 days :slight_smile:
And happy birthday after 4 days!</p>