Dating scene

<p>Here’s an interesting question: what is the dating scene like at Alabama? Are there more hookups or dates? Is easy or hard to get a date? How attractive and friendly are the girls (and guys)? What’s “the ratio” like?</p>

<p>The girls are among the prettiest girls I’ve ever seen and I’m from Calif!!! (I keep blinders on my H when we’re on campus). Seriously. Bama gets an A+ for having attractive students of both sexes. </p>

<p>As for dating…Kids who want BFs or GFs seem to be able to get them. A well-groomed person with good social skills can definitely get attention from the opposite sex if desired.</p>

<p>Even those in engineering (which can be more heavily male on all campuses) can get dates if they present themselves well…the social skills and good grooming issue is very important. </p>

<p>There are a bit more girls than boys on campus…but that’s not an issue…it’s not anything you’d notice. The ratio is close enough to 50/50.</p>

<p>Do engineering kids tend to seek for the opposite sex outside their college?</p>

<p>I think engineering boys who are interested in dating look everywhere…their residence hall, their non-engineering classes, clubs, dining halls, rec center, their friends, their engineering classes, etc.</p>

<p>There are girls EVERYWHERE on campus, so it’s not like you have to go looking for them. LOL The school is literally crawling with them.</p>

<p>In my circles of friends and acquaintances, dating is more common than having one night stands.</p>

<p>Yes, the girls (and the guys, for that matter) at UA can be very attractive, depending on your tastes. A definite plus is that you can find someone who is smart and funny, along with being physically beautiful. </p>

<p>If you want to get a significant other, look around. There are literally thousands of girls (and guys) on campus each day. As m2ck posted, present yourself well and with confidence and you will find somebody. </p>

<p>Also, interracial dating is perfectly acceptable. Don’t be afraid to date to date somebody of a different race because you think that others will look down upon you. As the saying goes, those that matter don’t care and those that care don’t matter.</p>

<p>Overall, just be yourself. People will be attracted to you because of your friendly personality. Don’t expect to find a gf the first week of school. Focus on getting yourself comfortable with your new surroundings and go from there. The results might surprise you. :)</p>

<p>Be Safe and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^and might I add, don’t be afraid to just be friends with a girl. Some of my son’s best friends are girls, and don’t forget who their friends are (lol) and if they like you, they will introduce you to their friends! :)</p>

<p>*present yourself well and with confidence and you will find somebody. *</p>

<p>Very true…</p>