Daughter Not Recruited For Golf

My daughter is in her senior year and averaging a little over 70’s with 5.3 weighted GPA. She did not get recruited. What do I need to do?

Recruited for….what? Talk to her coach.

To any college.

Student do NOT get recruited to colleges. They apply to colleges where they can afford to attend, and where they would like to study….and then see if they get accepted.

Kids get recruited for things like sports.

What does this mean? Is this a measurement of something in her sport?

1 Like

Is she a golfer?

1 Like

Is this post about athletic recruiting? If so…what sport? What involvement has this student had with her coach, and college coaches up until now.

This thread is tagged “athletic recruits”, so I guess it is?

If you are talking about athletic recruiting - you have a lot of helpful parents on this board - 1st thing is we need to understand is the sport and if your daughter has reached out to coaches and what has been their response to date? When did she have these conversations - email, campus visits or ? You do not need to be overly specific in order to preserve your daughter’s confidentiality - but additional information is needed to be helpful.

Do you reside in the US or are you an international family? Are you a full pay family or are you hoping she is recruited and will -receive significant athletic scholarship $, as not all schools provide $ for sports.

Does her current coach or teammates have experience and success with athletic recruitment - if yes, do you know what division of schools and even better what schools?

Has your daughter taken the ACT/SAT - if yes, what is her score?

There are parents on this board that have experience with soccer, track & field, crew, soft ball and many other sports from D1 - D3 programs - and until we know the sport - no one can provide you clear direction.

9 Likes

She is a golfer

Did she reach out to the golf coaches at schools she was interested in attending?

2 Likes

Athletic recruiting is a process she should have started as a sophomore or junior. Your timeline is very short as a senior and it may be too late depending on what level she is seeking. She needs to get started ASAP with recruiting questionnaires(found on school’s athletics pages) and emailing coaches.

1 Like

We need the info that coffeeat3 mentioned in their post to help you.

Is your D shooting 70s in competitive junior tournaments like AJGA, Hurricane tour, etc?

Has she spoken to any college coaches? Time is too short to fill out recruiting questionnaires, she must directly contact coaches via email at schools that are academic and athletic fits.

4 Likes

What has your daughter done in the recruiting process? Please answer the questions?

2 Likes

What is her ranking for her class (2024)? Golf is a sport with arguably the most objective measurement. If she’s not in the top 500 of her graduating class (which it sounds like she is not, based on no coach outreach), then I agree with others it is late. Not impossible to get some interest, but you need to understand which schools recruit and eventually land girls ranked where your daughter is.

3 Likes

It is not too late for Division III Women’s Golf, except you don’t have any time tog et up to speed on your own. Some of the coaches recruit well into EDII or Regular Decision, but pick their top 5-10 recruits the summer between junior and senior year. The AJGA lists college golf advisors who can give you an honest assessment of her chances. You literally do not have a day to lose and you have 10 months of work to do in two months. You may decide it’s too late for you, and frankly your odds seem very low at this point. You are definitely too late and not in the performance range for Division I or Division II, and will only have opportunities at Division III teams at the bottom of the rankings, if at all.

There are still spots in D1 and D2. NAIA and NJCAA as well. OP does not have to hire a college golf advisor, full stop.

2 Likes

I think we need to know what the OP and daughter have already done (if anything) regarding college and playing golf. At this point…we have no idea…so suggestions are a shot on the dark.

4 Likes

Also need to know what level of golf OPs child has played. What is the handicap (shooting in the 70s means different things from course to course)? HS team? Competitive junior tournaments? etc.

2 Likes

Do they need scholarship money, fin aid, international or domestic student, gpa, test scores etc???

This could turn into a long thread with no real purpose until the OP provides meaningful information - otherwise we are all just talking amongst ourselves. :slight_smile:

2 Likes