Davidson Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Davidson Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 11

3 Likes

Does Davidson issue RDs tomorrow, Saturday?

Why these is no discussion on CC and no thread on Reddit even

1 Like

Yes. 10am ETD

1 Like

I will join the discussion! Davidson grad here, daughter has applied regular decision.

1 Like

Best of luck to all waiting on decisions!

3 Likes

D23 ACCEPTED!! We all love this school so much—she is so happy!

1 Like

S23 accepted! Davidson just leaped up to his #1 choice – he wasn’t seriously considering it until it was official. It’s an amazing school in the best location! Congrats to all accepted!

Accepted daughter :slight_smile: now to decide between Furman, Wake, UNC, and Davidson with financials that are not all the same. Grateful to have wonderful options!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Where do you see your financial aid award from Davidson?

Thank you! At the bottom of the admit letter, it is linked.

Any statistics provided on number of applicants, number of students admitted, etc? TIA

Has anyone been able to register for admitted student events? We can’t figure out how to do that.

Here’s a link to the page detailing admitted students events: Admitted Student Events | Davidson

From what I can find, there is not yet a way to register for the “Admitted Students Days.” Thinking students can just come to the day of their choosing. I plan to call Admissions to confirm.

And, here’s a link to sign up for the virtual events: Davidson College - Admitted Student Event Registration

1 Like

Because I am an alum, I got a phone call about the decision. The woman I talked to said the admit rate for this class was 15%.

2 Likes

Update: We just signed up for an admitted students day. It’s super cool because your student can “design” the day to focus on his/her interests. The sign up page is accessible via the portal (one must log in first). We’re on for the 14th! Hope to see you all there.

2 Likes

My DS signed up for 4/15 too – not sure if we will end up going because he was just there yesterday on decision day (!!) visiting his older brother who is a junior. But I think he’d like to meet some prospective classmates. We were planning to go to a different college’s accepted students day on that same day, but I think we are going to be readjusting our plans as Davidson has jumped up to #1.

So cool! Congrats to your DS!!!

My neighbor’s daughter went last year and met so many people. She absolutely loved it, and ended up selecting Davidson over another highly competitive school based on her admitted student day experience. I haven’t yet been to the campus so I can’t wait. It’s a great way to meet future classmates and get a more in depth view of the offerings.

Awesome swag bag just delivered!

Just got back from an Admitted Students event. Some interesting stats were shared:
15% increase in applications YOY (a record!)
14.5 admit rate overall for an ideal class size of 525
342 students admitted via ED1 and ED2
ED pool included 117 athletes, 28 QuestBridge and 20 Posse Scholars

4 Likes