Davis vs Irvine (Engineering)

I am applying to 4 UCs. LA, SD, SB but for my last UC idk whether to apply to Davis or Irvine. I want to do engineering, probably electrical, computer, or mechanical. I think I can get into both Davis and Irvine but which one is better. Any advice would we greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

What I’ve heard so far…

Irvine has tech companies near by looking for interns and that sounds really good. But Davis is ranked higher, in general, for engineering

Both will give you an excellent Engineering education. Have you visited both since their “campus vibe” and location are very different? If you can afford to pay for an additional application fee, I would apply to both since UC’s can be unpredictable in their admission decisions and it is better to have more choices than less.

Best of luck.

both are really selective. be sure to apply elsewhere as a backup.
good luck.

thanks but which school is better for the types of engineering I am interested in? and do you know of any hidden advantages at each school?

they are both excellent, get into both, visit the campuses and then make the call. There is no wrong choice.

Check each schools course curriculum for each type of Engineering you are interested in pursuing to see if they are any major differences between campuses. Also check out Rate My Professor and see if either campus has a majority of high vs low rated Engineering Profs. Go to each school and talk to current Engineering students and ask their views on the programs. Ultimately the best fit for you should be based on academics, financial affordability and social life.

According to the latest US News & World Report Rankings, UCD engineering is ranked #30 while UCI engineering is ranked #40. @Gumbymom is right…see which school is the best fit for you.

Of the other UCs’ engineering you mentioned applying to, UCLA is ranked around 15 to 20; UCSD is around 20 to 25 and I think UCSB was around 27.

I would recommend you apply to both because admissions can be unpredictable and engineering is especially tough to get into at the UCs. All the ones you listed are good choices. Good luck.