Deadline for applying to Honors College?

<p>My son has been accepted to UA and offered the two thirds tuition scholarship. We are heading down to Alabama this weekend to tour the campus etc. He is interested in applying to the Honors College but didn’t see any deadline date listed. Can anyone help me out? I am very impressed with the active thread for Bama, everyone seems super friendly and helpful! Right now this is one of his top two choices. Also, someone told us that he may also get more money offered in March, is that accurate? Thanks!</p>

<p>I would have him apply to the Honors College ASAP. The application is really short and and the essay(s) are more of a way for UA to get to know the student. By applying now, he will be admitted into honors bfore it comes time for housing selection and will be eligible for the honors “super suite” housing.</p>

<p>Official scholarship notifications are sent out in January, so that’s when your son will learn if he has been offered any additional scholarships.</p>

<p>I highly encourage your son to apply to the Honors College. Unlike the honors programs many schools, UA’s University Honors Program (UHP) is very flexible in terms of required courses. It is very easy to tailor all UHP and UA’s other Honors Programs to fit a student’s needs/desires. For example, many students do an honors by contract, a thesis, or take graduate-level courses in their major, all of which count towards UHP requirements.</p>

<p>What is your son’s intended major(s) and what state are you visiting UA from? If you haven’t already, I suggest that you schedule a visit to the Honors College in addition to the campus tour and departmental visits.</p>

<p>I really hope that you and your son enjoy your visit to UA. Fell free to ask us any questions you may have.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Don’t worry, it’s not too late to apply for the Honors College. Get the app in now. Tell him not to sweat over the essay…it’s just a paragraph to introduce yourself…really…no BIG DEAL.</p>

<p>And, don’t worry about listing every award or EC…the honors college admits by stats, so it’s not necessary to write every little thing down. Just list a few things, write the introduction essay, and submit.</p>

<p>The app in on mybama.</p>

<p>Will you be in T-town on Saturday? Do you need any recommendations? Places to eat? things to be sure to see?</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you for replying! We will be in town on Sunday/Monday. We will be attending UA Day on Monday. I read somewhere that it was geared more towards juniors, hopefullly it will give us a good overview of the university and everything it has to offer. It was the only weekend that fit into our schedule and we wanted our son to visit so that is why we are doing it that weekend. Do you advise that we get in touch with someone from the Honors College befoe going down? I believe he is going to apply to the Honors College tonight so that should be completed before our visit.
We would love any and all recommendations of what to see, where to eat and what to do while down at Bama. We are staying in the hotel on campus on Sunday evening, that is the only thing set in stone. Thanks in advance for all of your help. What a great resource for people who are trying to learn about Bama. </p>

<p>BTW, we are from Northern Virginia, we are driving down (doing another college tour on the way) and then flying home Monday evening.<br>
Thanks!!</p>

<p>We were confused about about applying to honors college since it said if you made a 28 or greater you were automatically admitted. Called yesterday and they said get it in before March 1st.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Automatically admitted IF you submit an application. If you don’t submit an app, you’re not accepted.</p>

<p>From the website…</p>

<p>*Incoming students with a 28 ACT or 1250 SAT will be automatically accepted to the Honors College upon submission of their application to the Honors College. Students will be notified of their acceptance via mail.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>[Honors</a> College - Apply](<a href=“http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=apply]Honors”>http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=apply)</p>