Deadlines

<p>My son has been waiting on a few schools, so we haven’t made a deposit, don’t have a housing date, and haven’t signed up for Bama Bound. I am getting worried that he may not get the honors housing, or that the Bama Bound session he chooses will be full or that there won’t be classes left. It is tough. He was hoping for a particular program, Sound Recording/ Engineering, but the schools he got into that have this program are too costly. However, the UA Engineering is an excellent option, and one I prefer so he will have job opportunities. I am 90% sure he will be at Bama, and we both really loved the campus and speaking with a professor. I just hope he hasn’t blown his chances for choices.</p>

<p>you may want to consider making the deposit “just in case”. From the housing site :</p>

<p>

</p>

<p><a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I would deposit ASAP for best chances for honors housing. </p>

<p>Is your son a NMF?</p>

<p>No he isn’t but he did qualify, between grades and SAT scores, for full tuition. I think we will be making the deposits before the April 1 deadline. He thinks he can still get a good room by being pulled in by someone who already has a room.</p>

<p>Congrats on the Presidential. </p>

<p>The reason I was asking about being NMF is because Bama does block off some honors beds in Riverside N for NMFs and NAs who haven’t yet decided. </p>

<p>You’re right that a friend can pull your son in his suite if there’s an empty bed in the suite. :)</p>

<p>has he started networking with other students for roommates? There are many on the 2016 FB site “advertising” for roommates!</p>

<p>Yes, he is in the FB group and has seen all the kids looking for roommates. I would say the majority of them are girls who are posting now. I think he will look more seriously now. He just got an acceptance from American, but the scholarship offer is only $10,000 out of an estimated $55,000 a year. I love my son, but that isn’t going to happen.</p>

<p>LOL, yea, that is what is happening to many applicants right now. Lots are “waiting” for their offers, and when they get them, they are really disappointed. Both merit AND need based.</p>

<p>I am just really happy that he truly understands the benefits of graduating without debt. I think it can set the tone of how he lives his life. He is still waiting on Stanford, USC and Northeastern, but I know none will give him enough, and I think he realizes it too. I just need to get people to see how nice UA is. I wish I could go to school there!!</p>