dean scholars award and other vt scholarships

<p>sup, when do we hear about vt scholarships? Do we find out how much we've won when we receive the financial aid package or what?</p>

<p>where do u wanna go sosha? i see u got in uva as well</p>

<p>I'm still deciding between uva and vtech, though I'm leaning slightly towards vtech</p>

<p>general scholarship information came with the financial aid packet. Dean's scholarship information comes out friday.</p>

<p>Soshamim...come to VT and you WILL NOT be disappointed. :)</p>

<p>VT, how hard would engineering be if i am taking ap physics B and ap calculus B now for the first semester atleast? i am struggling in ap physics B</p>

<p>VT Engineering is definitely tough...The first year--the DIFFICULTY of work is not bad...but the AMOUNT of work is absolutely ridiculous. After the first year, the course load lightens up a bit but the work becomes MUCH more difficult. Most Engineering students at VT have already passed AP Calc 1 with a 4 or 5 on the AP Exam and a great number have passed Calc 2 with a 4 or 5..as far as Physics goes...its customary to take Physics your second semester of Freshmen Engineering. Im pretty sure you will only get credit for AP Physics if you get a 5 on the test. Dont stress if youre having a tough time in Physics right now...it doesnt mean that you will fail as an Engineer. A successful Engineering student must have 1.) Intelligence 2.) Motivation/Good Work Ethic. If VT has accepted you to their Engineering program, they believe that you do infact have the capability to be a successful Engineering, but you must show that you have the motivation and work ethic. Plus, the professors here--especially Engineering professors are helpful and willing to be of assistance if you show that you are a hardworker and are truly trying your best. If you can show them that you are a hardworker they are willing to help you with anything. But you must keep in mind--depending on the type of Engineering that you are interested in studying, Physics obviously plays a crucial role in Engineering. Some Engineering majors are not as Physics intensive--Biochemical Engineering(which entails more Biology and Chemistry) while most fields of Engineering are(Electrical, Computer, Nuclear, Aerospace, Mechanical and Civil). Good luck through this stressful time...I hope that if youre contemplating studying Engineering that you come to VT--you wont be disappointed :)</p>

<p>well i am struggling in ap physics because my teacher isnt very good. i have managed to self teach myself everything and i guess a B is good for that. it means i am a hardworker and motivated. but i think my weakes field of physics is electricity and magnetism... and that could hurt. i am majoring in computer science btw. oh well i hope it works out well for me, coz i plan on transferring to somewhere else if possible in second semester</p>

<p>From their web site, could be outdated,...</p>

<p><a href="http://www.registrar.vt.edu/forms/pdf/adpe0405.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.registrar.vt.edu/forms/pdf/adpe0405.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>go down to the Physics section, it looks like engineers must take it no matter AP scores unless it is C and B is taught in most schools. but by taking the AP, you have been exposed to a higher level....</p>

<p>My fault about the mistake...thanks bbpilot :)</p>

<p>No problem, AP still is an excellent prep course for the hard physics...
You are current VT student in Engineering? How is it going....
If you care to respond</p>

<p>ahh, that's what i'm worried about, being overwhealmed in my first year of general engineering...plus my school messed up my schedule and i am currently in Governer's School Pre-cal which I'm worrying if that might make it even harder trying to understand calculus in my 1st year at tech</p>

<p>either way....GO HOKIES!</p>

<p>i just hope that the books we get directly reflect and can instruct what we are doing in class. right now at the high school i'm at our math and physics book have terrible examples and the books basically only serve to provide us problems to work out, if we dont understand them we have nothing to look back to in the book. i'm good at self-educating myself from a book, hopefully i can do this at VT as well, just in case i cant pay thorough attention to the prof all the time.</p>