Dean's List?

<p>Does UA post a Dean’s list for the semester or year?</p>

<p>^^^I don’t know if or where they make a public posting, but the online transcript will indicate if a student has made the Dean’s List. Check the section of the transcript entitled “Institution Credit.” There’s a subsection therein labeled “Additional Standing.” If a student has made the Dean’s List, it’s listed right there.</p>

<p>Yup. I was just looking for the criteria for that the other day. Looks like they traditionally release the Fall Dean’s List & President’s List at the beginning of February. Here’s the link for the Fall 2009 list: [Dean’s</a> List Students Named at UA - University of Alabama News](<a href=“http://www.ua.edu/advancement/ur/releases/anews2009/feb09/deanlist1_020509.htm]Dean’s”>http://www.ua.edu/advancement/ur/releases/anews2009/feb09/deanlist1_020509.htm)</p>

<p>BTW, from the release: “the Dean’s List…academic records of 3.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale), …the President’s List with academic records of 4.0 (all As).”</p>

<p>Thanks found it!</p>

<p>It should be a couple of weeks before you will see the Dean’s/President’s lists for the Fall, 2010.</p>

<p>deans list and pres. list. is that evaluated by semester or cumulatively?</p>

<p>I <em>believe</em> by the wording that a new Dean’s List/President’s List is announced for each semester including the summer term.</p>

<p>it is announced each semester, but it is based on the cumulative gpa, based on my DD’s info.</p>

<p>The President’s and Dean’s list is announced a couple weeks after final grades.</p>

<p>The school will publish the list on the website…the kids are broken down by city/state. </p>

<p>Here’s the list from last spring…
<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2010/06/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-term/[/url]”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2010/06/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-term/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I don’t know if it’s “cum” or if it’s by term. I always thought it was by “term”. MikeW…what do you mean by your DD’s info??? What info does she have?</p>

<p>The weird thing is that if you make the President’s list (all A’s), for some reason it still goes down as Dean’s list on the academic transcript. I’ve never heard the explanation.</p>

<p>my dd did not transfer in all As, so lower than a 4.0.</p>

<p>she did make all As this semester.</p>

<p>her additional info lists deans list, not presidents.</p>

<p>i guess we will see when the list is announced.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>The transcript is going to say “Dean’s” no matter what.</p>

<p>I’ve never been told why my kids’ transcripts says “Dean’s List” and not “Presidential List”.</p>

<p>aah … i get it.</p>

<p>: )</p>

<p>

Woo-hoo! Your girl rocks, Mike!</p>

<p>hey thanks!</p>

<p>i am guessing that many of our CC friends made all As, as well!</p>

<p>Okay, about to burst. . .YES! it was a great first semester for D!
I hope everyone in the Bama family had a fabulous fall and that all are looking forward to a super spring. Sorry, I’ve got the Thursday thillies.</p>

<p>This semester was a huge relief in our family. Older son finished all courses for his major…next/final semester is just for fun. Younger son finished all of his pre-med req’ts…even the dreaded OChems. So, we’re celebrating at our house!</p>

<p>

Well then, a big shout-out to timeflew’s fabulous daughter and m2ck’s talented sons. Way to represent!! :)</p>

<p>Wow, you guys are awesome! Great job! So proud of you!</p>

<p>

I found the explanation: “The President’s List recognizes students who make the Dean’s List with 4.0 grade point averages. The President’s List is not a separate honor and it is not indicated on a student’s University transcript.”</p>

<p>Also: “To be included in the Dean’s List, a student must have a grade point average of at least 3.5 for a minimum of 12 credit hours earned in a fall or spring semester, or in a summer term. All students carrying Dean’s List honors will have this accomplishment indicated on their University transcripts.”</p>

<p>Source: [University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2008-10](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Wow, everyone impressive. </p>

<p>mom2ck,
how long did it take your S to finish all premed requirements. I think he is a sophomore, right? That would mean 3 semesters, wow. My S is thinking about it, but those premed requirements are likely to negatively impact his gpa, especially the calculus.</p>

<p>Can someone please remind me how they are transferring in grades again? Not for APs right. Is it just for any actual college level courses?</p>