Deans Scholarship Anyone?

<p>Has anyone on here heard back about the engineering deans scholarship yet? The website says that winners will be notified on March 1st via email, but I haven't gotten anything good or bad. I hope they didn't only send emails to winners...</p>

<p>I emailed asking them about whether they only notify winners. They responded that they were delayed and are not sending out emails until Monday, but possibly they may be ready this Friday (tomorrow) though. She also said they send emails to everyone. </p>

<p>Another email received today said that if you are qualified for Honors, you'll get your admission decision tomorrow!! Otherwise you have to wait til April 1.</p>

<p>Ah well that makes sense. Man that probably means there are a lot more applicants this year, <em>nervous</em>. I don't know how I could turn down VT if I got Dean's!</p>

<p>I am also really excited about tomorrow. I can't wait to hear my decision!!</p>

<p>stress stress stress sleep stress nerves worry sleep food nerves stress</p>

<p>If you look at the fine print though, qualified for Honors AND have finished processing your application....so if they haven't got to yours yet, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Not clear if it is an email or regular mailing (snail). It says the April 1 notification is sent in a mailing timed to arrive April 1 - that sure sounds like snail mail to me. </p>

<p>Post when you hear anything and I'll do likewise.</p>

<p>well i had nothing in the mail today and I sent my app overnight to get there on Feb 23 so I think they have it. It will probably come by email</p>

<p>I took the "Honors Eligible" to mean that you were in the range of a specific SAT/gpa. Did you get that email? It was kind of like a newsletter. It didn't say you were accepted into Honors - I'm not sure but I think that won't be determined until May? I'll check later. But you don't have to do Honors if you don't want, I do remember VT Engineer saying he chose not to.</p>

<p>Nothing in my mail either</p>

<p>My son did not get a deans scholarship. boo. Email came sometime after noon, so you might want to check your email, Ehiunno. Good luck!</p>

<p>Yeah, I just got the email and did not get the scholarship.</p>

<p>this sucks... I guess I'll just have to see what else I have a shot at...</p>

<p>Drat! DS didn't get a dean's scholarship either.
But he just received an acceptance email. Yippee!!!</p>

<p>But I have a question.. the email says "As an excellent student eligible to apply for University Honors". Is there a separate application for honors?</p>

<p>Yes there was a separate app for honors, but I can't remember the due date offhand - maybe Feb 23? No money attached to it and I think it's just available to those above a particular sat/gpa combination. I also think it isn't determined until maybe May? Not sure. You had to write a personal statement and a resume.</p>

<p>Got the acceptance email though!</p>

<p>Yeah I got the acceptance too.</p>

<p>I'm considerablly less excited than I would have been if I hadn't gotten it right after reading about not getting deans, but I'm still happy</p>