December ACT and Scholarship Priority

I am aware that UA will accept the December 12th ACT for admission purposes, but my question is regarding scholarship priority. The scholarship page states that December 15th is the deadline for the application, transcript, and test scores to be eligible for scholarship consideration. Obviously, UA will not have the scores from the December 12th sitting by that deadline…does anyone know if the December ACT scores will or will not be accepted for scholarships? I am hoping that my daughter (who received her acceptance today!!) can try ONE MORE TIME to get that 32!!!

Congrats on the acceptance! As long as the scholarship app is submitted prior to the Dec 15th deadline, then there is nothing to worry about. The scholarship app can be submitted any time between now and Dec 15th, and UA will apply the highest ACT for merit awards. When the scores are sent for the Dec 12th test (ACT site indicates scores will be posted after 12/22), UA will update the scholarship tier (assuming it is higher) and send another letter advising the student that they are now qualified for the higher scholarship award. From everything I have read, the “official” scholarship award letters aren’t sent until mid-March, but UA sends the earlier, informal letter to students as a preview and enticement to choose UA.

My DS applied to UA the first day the app opened, had a 27 at that time and received his acceptance and offer for the Capstone award with his acceptance letter in early September. He took the ACT again in September, and raised his score to 30, then last week, he got a letter from Dr. Bell telling him that he now qualifies for the Presidential (we are In-state).

Best wishes to your daughter on raising her score, it is definitely possible - my son is living proof that an ACT score can be raised substantially if you’re willing to put in the hard work.

Bama will use the Dec scores, but you must send those scores as soon as you can. So, add Bama to the list of schools that will receive those scores. You can’t wait and send the Dec scores in Feb, for instance.

I know it seems odd because of the Dec 15 deadline, but Bama WILL use those Dec scores for scholarships.

BTW…we need to remind students to get their transcripts sent in ASAP. Last year, a few students tried to apply on or right before Dec 15th, and of course, their high schools didn’t sent transcripts until after Christmas Break…because high schools don’t always immediately respond to a request to send transcripts.