Decision made

My mybama application status says a decision was made, but how do I know what it is. Also may account now has an admitted undergrad student tab, does that mean I was accepted?

Yes

Congrats!!!

Next step is to make your enrollment deposit and housing deposit. If UA is a def top contender, get that done ASAP. When you get these deposits in determines your dorm room selection time.

Was it under the Academics tab and under admissions on the left side? Cause it shows on mine too and I’m nervous.

How much is the enrollment deposit and how much is the housing deposit? Are they refundable if you later decide not to attend?

Just want to determine how much is on the line by paying now.

$200 for enrollment
$300 for housing

Are they refundable?

No need to answer. Enrollment deposit is not refundable. $25 of housing deposit is not refundable. Considering I have two kids that were accepted, I will wait. Don’t want to be out $450 if they decide not to attend UA.

Consider this, if you wait, your student(s) may not get their preferred choice of housing. You will Not be able to deposit for housing until the enrollment deposit is made. Early deposits will insure the best housing time slots for picking preferred residence housing.

When DS was accepted, he’s now a freshman, I also hesitated about the deposits. However, I was pretty sure that is where he would end up, so went ahead and paid them fairly early.

I am very glad I did, he had a choice in his housing, perfect location, great roommates, honors suite, near engineering quad

I know there quite a few kids who ended up in the traditional dorms and were very, very unhappy about it. As DS is OOS and wouldn’t be coming home at all that first semester, he really wanted a private room.

So if it looks like UA is a very serious contended, it could be worth it to pay the deposits.

Serious contender for one, DS2, and on the fence on the other, DD2. What do you think is the latest deposit can be made and still have reasonable choice?

I don’t think anyone can tell you that for sure. Just know that there are deadlines and if your student deposits late, his/her choices will be limited as to housing and roommate choices.

I think in prior years Housing has put out the deposit deadline date after which you can’t participate in room selection, but rather will be assigned by them. That said, the housing procedures have changed since my current-senior daughter went through it, so you might want to check with Housing.

It is all going to depend on how many incoming students made their enrollment and housing deposits before you make yours.

For my DD1 that is a current jr, I was ready and waiting for the second it opened to make the deposit. She ended up with the 3rd time slot on day 1.

For my DD2 that is an incoming frehsman, with UA as her #2, I went ahead and made the deposits as insurance. Again, I was sitting there in front of the computer, signed in and waiting for the second it opened and submitted her deposits. Will not know what time slot she received until the spring and they are notifited.