Decision??

<p>I have applied to Purdue in February but I still didnt get a decision! Does it mean that i wont get accepted?? An admission counselor from another school told me that its too late now for skools to make decisions. So if u didnt get one by April, it is probably not an acceptance! I am really worried now. Is that true or it is different for Purdue? </p>

<p>Did you apply before February 1st because that was the deadline?</p>

<p>@flyerslv7 Yes I submitted my application on Feburary 1st. However, they did not send me my application status’s username and password until mid-feburary. So, is it possible that I won’t get accepted because they did not answer me yet?</p>

<p>You need to call tomorrow…perhaps you somehow missed an email or it went to spam…call admissions and straight out ask. Their website does state the “those admitted by April 10 have until May 1 to respond, those admitted after April 10 have three weeks to respond”, so it looks as though they are still in process. Good luck!</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 I called them few days ago. They told me that I will probably know in May. They told me that they receieved everything. Should I worry, or is it fine that I am going to hear about my decision in May? </p>

<p>@Swiftie13 i dont think you should take the risk. atleast accept your 2nd choice university as back up. purdue is just really slow at processing applications.</p>

<p>Do you have other options on the table? You should probably accept somewhere else by May 1 to assure yourself of a spot…most schools have May 1 as a decision date and you don’t want to miss out if Purdue doesn’t work out. I really don’t understand their answer. Are you a transfer or a freshman applicant? Are also sure you weren’t waitlisted- those are the people usually waiting into May. Are you comfortable calling again to clarify what status you fall into?</p>

<p>@Zeus319 well, my backup school didn’t tell me my decision too :frowning: !!</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 I do not have other options at the moment. I am a freshman.</p>

<p>Have you called the other schools also? Are you sure you weren’t waitlisted at these schools? You need to be proactive now and start calling…it would be unusual for you not to hear back from the other schools also…at least one! Did you meet the application deadlines at all the schools? Are you international?</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 I called the other schools. They told me that I will probably hear back from them in mid-april. I used to send them emails once a week as well as calling them to make sure that my application is complete. I met the application deadline. And yes, I am an international students.</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 is it ok if I kept calling them? wouldn’t they get annoyed or something?</p>

<p>I think it’s fine to call them every few days…when you call just say I appreciate your patience and taking the time to speak with me. I am very eager to know whether a decision has been made on my application. If they don’t have an answer say, thanks for checking, I’m call again on in a couple of days.</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 I will. Thanks for ur help! </p>

<p>Oops! Last sentence should be “I’ll call again in a couple of days” - must have been typing too fast!
Good luck and let us know what you find out!</p>

<p>@Sdgal2 Thank you!!</p>