Decisions being mailed?

<p>I called OoA today and the lady said they were sending out a lot of notifications and such. "Most people" have or will hear back in the next couple of weeks, with the rest of the decisions by the end of March.</p>

<p>I applied in October and I have yet to hear back.</p>

<p>What about you guys? And if someone else could call and confirm where OoA is at, that would be great!</p>

<p>My son heard today that he is admitted to A&M’s Gateway Program. His app was complete around Nov. 1. Good luck!</p>

<p>I also applied early October, and have yet to hear anything.</p>

<p>I stopped by the Prospective Student Center yesterday to ask about the time frame and when I could expect to hear something. She told me all their decisions will be mailed by the end of March.</p>

<p>She just encouraged me to check the AIS multiple times everyday (apparently they log that, that’s what she told me anyway.)</p>

<p>Waiting is so hard! Best of luck!</p>

<p>debpix - what were your son’s stats?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I guess that means they can tell me at what point I went from “hopeful” to “desperate”</p>

<p>Lol I’ve been “desperate” for quite some time.</p>

<p>I called again and got the same “end of March” answer. But I also submitted something on AIS and received this:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Amen to that @DavidSH! Hoping we all are getting good news soon. However also on edge waiting and not too sure of answer since out of state. Hopefully I’ll be one of the 4% or so out of staters that get the Great news. Number 1 school in the country to me and #1 pick even though already accepted to Norwich, Citadel, Virginia Tech. Love the Corps and Aggieland, hope we’ll all be celebrating soon! Thank you for reaching out and getting the information to us all!!! Gig’Em!!</p>

<p>I heard back yesterday, Blinn TEAM.
1230 SAT Composite
3.53 GPA
Eagle Scout
1st quarter rank</p>

<p>Oh, wow.
My composite was 1220
3.29 GPA (failed Psych with a 68, got a 4 on the AP exam) at a very competitive school (administers the most AP tests every year, and has a very high passing rate across all exams)
Several leadership positions across martial arts, band, and clubs
Not the top half (My GPA was 3.4 before my psych thing)
Duke TIP when I was younger</p>

<p>So basically I’m a smart kid, just didn’t do my homework much. I made up for it in other others, though, since I’m more active than most of my band friends.</p>

<p>But if those stats got you Blinn TEAM, I wouldn’t be surprised to get a straight up no at this point.</p>

<p>Also, I literally just got this e-mail.

</p>

<p>For the composite SAT score are y’all including the writing section? Without writing I had a 1280, and with it i had a 2020. But my rank is 303/805 with minimal extracurricular **** so I’m a little skeptical…</p>

<p>Not including writing. A&M doesn’t really care much for the writing portion.</p>

<p>See, your rank is beter and your SAT is better. But I have tons of leadership and extracurriculars and fine arts. So it could come down to either of us</p>

<p>But, then again, I also applied for the college of Engineering which i just found out is extremely competitive and is often times filled up by December with automatic admits. So, sorry for the bad news but unless you were an automatic admit or incredibly lucky, you probably won’t get a spot in the Engineering program. Same goes for their business school</p>

<p>Oh, no, I applied for Liberal Arts. Economics. Easy enough, especially compared to business and engineering</p>

<p>I applied for the College of Geosciences; Atmospheric Sciences to be more specific. It’s not a very particular branch, so hopefully that’ll increase my chances. I’m one of those people who completely screwed up their freshman year… That ONE year caused me to be 9 spots away from the Top 10%… My GPA is still relatively high at a 3.88, but my SAT score was an 1180 composite. (I am not a very good test taker…) </p>

<p>I also got the same e-mail as you did, David. I saw the “Sender” and was like, “THIS IS IT!!” Aww heck…</p>

<p>So I just found out that all permanent housing has been taken up and that students are only being offered “temporary” housing…can we still apply for housing even though we haven’t been accepted? And what are the chances of getting the hall we want?</p>

<p>Wait, how did you hear that all the housing is now full? Cause I just now applied for housing (I’m a Blinn TEAM student) and I really wanted to live on campus. If I don’t get housing I’m probably going to join the corps (I already have been considering it) so I can be guaranteed on-campus housing.</p>

<p>Can you post a link or something where you read that?</p>

<p>Eve411, From the FAQ page on the housing dept.</p>

<ol>
<li>When can I apply for housing?</li>
</ol>

<p>You must be admitted to the Texas A&M University - College Station or Blinn TEAM to apply for on-campus housing. You do not need to accept your admissions offer to apply for housing. Housing applications become available in September for the next academic year. Students who are going to Blinn College, but not on the Blinn TEAM, cannot apply for on-campus housing at Texas A&M University.</p>

<p>There isn’t a link for it. I applied for housing yesterday and i was being offered a temporary space. Some of my other friends who are just now applying for housing got the same message. All the permanent dorms are full so temporary means that you are going to be put in a temporary dorm until one of your choices or another permanent room opens up for you to move in to that one. Since I’m one of the first to sign up for temporary housing, I hope I get switched to permanent before classes start.</p>

<p>DavidSH – </p>

<p>If you are not even in the top half of your graduating class you probably will not get in. You seem smart and your other stats are right up there but if they see someone who’s GPA doesn’t compare to the vast majority of other applicants, they’ll throw it out.</p>

<p>Best of luck to you regardless.</p>