Decisions for deferred students

Has anyone heard any word on when they will be released? I know they’ll be out by April 15th at the latest, but I’ve heard mid-March as well and was wondering if anyone else has heard the same or similar.

I haven’t heard a single thing other than April 15th… :frowning: Where’d you hear Mid March from?

@spldnlvr I emailed UM and they responded saying that they’re typically released mid-March, but I was mostly wondering if anyone knows if there’s a specific date that they’ve been released on in the past.

@soundandfury22 Last year, RD came out March 7th/8th and a lot of deferred students didn’t hear back until April 20th/21st - which is absolutely ridiculous. That only leaves 9 days to make a decision. Hopefully the school has wised up since then and now realizes that 9-10 days to make a decision is crazy.

I observed last yr few RD Decision were released first week of March and those applicants have stellar stats so less Deliberation and they send them a little early, then the rest followed next week and later.

RD came out yesterday…But what about for us deferred students?

Yeah, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that we were deferred to the regular decision pool and may have to wait until the end of April to hear back

I got an email from the admissions office saying that decisions for deferred students would be out mid-march, so decisions might be out this week. anybody else hear anything?

@nickmj15 should I be concerned if I didn’t get that email? Or did you email them first and they responded ? :frowning:

Don’t worry! I emailed them first and they responded. If anyone has heard anything, just post about it. I feel like they would release deferred students and regular students all at once, no?

@nickmj15 If you dont mind me asking, what did you say in your email because now im considering emailing them lol? Last year, deferred students didn’t find out till around April 21! But RD (not EA deferred to RD) started to find out around March 7th.

Hey everyone I can give you a confirmed time period. I just called the office of admissions and they said decisions for deferred students will come Late March so March 31st no later.

@spldnlvr the email just said that the next round of decisions would be out mid march, but I guess that round of decisions was for regular RD kids. I am hoping decisions come out between now and the end of the month.

Emailed again (no shame in a little harassment :smile:) and they said to keep checking Canelink this week and next because decisions should be posted soon. Hopefully that’s right!

Just clicked the student center link on canelink and the box below the “personal information” box has disappeared. I completely forget what the box was titled (weird because I looked at it almost everyday), but I know it is (or was) that box with the green dot…The green dot is gone…I have no new communications either.

My son’s application status on bottom is also now gone. Was here this morning. They must be doing an update.

my application status is gone as well. if others get updates on their cane links, please post.

Do you guys know if everyone that wasn’t accepted EA were deferred or were there some rejections too?

Mine is gone too, hope that’s just an update and doesn’t mean anything! And @Imbencope‌, there were some rejections made as far as I can remember from what I saw in the EA thread.

My application status box is gone, but I still have 3 prior communications. Is everyone’s app status box gone?