Decisions Released

<p>Virginia Tech decisions are out.
Yay for being accepted!</p>

<p>To expand on last email, if you applied online, you should be getting an email directing you to use your 9 digit logon and 6 digit password to see your status. Email points to web site and "unofficial" acceptance. Basically, you're in and the 18,000 decision letters will be mailed next week.</p>

<p>My son just got the email also tonight. Congrats for those that get accepted, and if you go there, it is a very good school. They bend over backwards to make sure you have what you need and help you out. (I already have one graduating from there in May)</p>

<p>Congrats again</p>

<p>Actually, word from the admissions office is they mailed the letters out today as well. :)</p>

<p>i have a question, if it says "Unofficial Offer of Admission" under Decisions, does that mean I got in? Ah, im freaking out!</p>

<p>I got rejected :'( </p>

<p>I looked over the summary and it said I applied to the Business School, but I wanted to apply Undecided. Do you think they will still consider me if I correct that? ......</p>

<p>:( :( :( :( :(</p>

<p>Yes, unofficial is about as official of a decision as you can have right now ..so you're in :)</p>

<p>And I'm sorry to hear about that bbpilot ... I'm not sure if changing the major will affect it.</p>

<p>"unofficial Acceptance" </p>

<p>GPA: 3.65
SAT I: 1340
SAT II: 590 writing 660 math IC 740 US History</p>

<p>Guess now I gotta visite VT, anyone have been there know what it is like?</p>

<p>WOOOT GOT IN for ENGINEERING...now just waiting for UVA</p>

<p>same here. got in. but my heart lies in uva</p>

<p>Sorry changing majors right now will do nothing for application I believe.</p>

<p>As to knowing you were rejected, did they say that or you did not get the email. If the later is true, hold on, my son and bomber guy had real high sat's (over 1300, which is considered stupid on this board sometime),</p>

<p>Hey Bomber guy, you misdirected the post, it is okay, I think most figured it out.</p>

<p>As to those that want to know, Va Tech is a very good school. you can party and study and then realize after the first semester you need to study more than in high school. Tech allows 6 hours of dropped classes with "No harm no fowl". Unbelievable -- wish I had that in my day.</p>

<p>As to you UVA hopefuls, My D had 1240 SAT's and 12% class ranking, applied to both UVA and Va Tech... She is leaving Tech in 3 years to go to pharmacy school in VA. Loves tech, not a jock or greek, just liked the place. Va Tech accepted 24 hours of AP, lots of 3's, if she had got into UVA, 8 hours only. Don't sell going to Va Tech short, it all depends what you want to persue. Tech has a great support system and things for students to do. Also, when the weather is bad, sidewalks have steam type system to clear them so you can get to class -- dear D very disappointed in that LOL... Bus system is great. Off campus housing is very affordable and you are going to a very good college. In Va, if you don't get into UVA or W&M, this place is where to go, for the $, school and rep. They even just got a Med school (also already have a get Vet school and engineering is fantastic). </p>

<p>Thants my ramble, keep the faith.... ask anything else and I will respond...
A pround Hokie parent... with another one trying to go to UVA...</p>

<p>is tech engineering hard to get in comparatively. where can i get the stats for tech acceptance by school</p>

<p>I am not sure where you can find that for specifically engineering, however, the school is very good. FYI, when you drive into Tech, you will see some real big company plants that deal in fiber optics... There is more here than Mike or Marcus Vick... I don't know your stats but the published guidelines are very realistic for most of the school...</p>

<p>Good luck...</p>

<p>w00t! got in to Engineering. =)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.8
SAT I: 1470 (800M/670V)
SAT II: Math IIC- 800, Physics- 780, Writing- 750</p>

<p>this is so ****ing retarded.</p>

<p>i mean i know my gpa and sat arent outstanding but those can't be the only reasons i didn't get in. </p>

<p>gpa - 3.2
rank - top 20%
sat - 1230
act - 28
misc.
- i've had 15 relatives go there ranging as far back as 1973
- played on my school's field hockey team
- loads of volunteering
- asian female
- IB program
- played piano since i was 4, violin since i was 10
- worked 90 hours/week during the summer </p>

<p>i'm appealing first thing when i get that stupid letter. (sorry i'm just in angry mode right now....ergh dammmmmmmmit!) >:[</p>

<p>My D was accepted for architecture. 1270, 4.0 (mostly honors and AP courses), lots of ec's.</p>

<p>where do you live , shortie? where else did you apply</p>

<p>Got in too cool</p>

<p>i got on the waitlist...
what are my chances of actually getting in?</p>

<p>I got the package before the e-mail, like 2 weeks ago..</p>

<p><em>unofficial acceptance</em> engineering :) :)</p>

<p>southeastern virginia</p>

<p>VT - rejected
JMU - havent heard from
GMU - havent heard from
ODU (safety) - accepted</p>