Decisions Released

<p>Here is the web site to check admissions:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>VT asks you to wait until you get the letter if you don't remember your app number.</p>

<p>It tells me 'Please note that your admissions decision will not be posted until the published notification date for the application you submitted.' I guess I'll just wait for it to come in the mail.</p>

<p>Sohrab, regarding your post about GMU admissions, did you apply RD? I know someone from my school who received his acceptance from GMU nearly two weeks ago. I would ask him myself, but do you think he applied RD? I applied RD and certainly don't want to end up in the same situation as that guy you mentioned, since this is the school i'll most likely get into. You said to call them to ensure they have everything...Is the Application Summary they have of me on-line reliable? If it says that they have all my requirements, should I believe that this is true and not bother with the phone call? Thanks.</p>

<p>But back to VaTech :)...</p>

<p>sparkles: did you scroll down to where it says "decisions"? There it will say whether or not you were accepted.</p>

<p>I am on the page that says 'Processed Applications' and then has my fall semester 2005 app. When I scroll downt there is no place that says decisions.</p>

<p>I applied to them RD, but I was accepted to their honors program maybe they sent those out before the rest. If it says you have everything online then I would trust that. All you have to do now is wait.</p>

<p>sparkles, you need to click on 'Fall Semester 2005' and it will take you to the 'View Application Summary' page. Scroll down and you'll find a line in the 2nd group of data showing your decision status.</p>

<p>Oh Excellent!!! Then I have an unofficial offer of admission. Thanks!</p>

<p>i got my letter today in the mail...</p>

<p>I just got mine too, so its official. Is VT anyone's first choice?</p>

<p>its among my top 4 i think it will go JHU, UVA, CMU, Tech</p>

<p>Yep it's mine. I got in and now I'm going. It's nice to finally be done.</p>

<p>It depends on the aid package. It's 10+ hours away and there are good alternatives much closer. VT is probably 4th on the list.</p>

<p>I got got my official </p>

<p>White/New Jersey/Male</p>

<p>580V 550M (1150)
3.34 GPA (74/219)
2 APs and 2 Honors
Soccer all 4 Years
Spanish Honor Society</p>

<p>SOOOO Excited to be going to VA Tech! I was expecting an acceptance, but I guess it makes it THAT much better.</p>

<p>correction for above...i was NOT expecting an acceptance</p>

<p>congrats dakrnadict</p>

<p>i got accepted, in-state, business school for finance</p>

<p>not my first choice, but i'll probably end up there</p>

<p>i wish i knew the acceptance rate for the engineering program at Tech,...i know UVA's was 58% last year and they got some mad funding so it should be around 58-60%...CMU was about 48% for Engineering,...so im thinking if i get into CMU i should get into UVA...but yea if anyone has the figures on Tech Engineering PLZ POST!</p>

<p>You can't compare acceptance rates year by year. It appears that apps are up all over this year. The more people submit online, the more app waivers, etc., the lower the acceptance rate. Students used to apply to 3-5 schools/yr, now they are applying more than double.</p>

<p>dakrnadict - what major or school did you apply for?</p>