Decisions Released

<p>i got into engineering at VT and NC St. I will be living in North Carolina next year, and i'll start getting instate tuition after first semester. Which should i go to?</p>

<p>VT ALL THE WAY DENVER!!! Of course...i'm not being biased though...</p>

<p>I had to make a very similar decision...I chose VT</p>

<p>Ouch, I made a typo in my last post. (#78) I meant that my friends were rejected from the Engineering school and placed in University STUDIES!</p>

<p>Yes Jelda it is my first choice. See you in the fall maybe</p>

<p>Received my official rejection letter in the mail today. There was one sentence that befuddled me, however, and I'm wondering if perhaps there was some sort of typo or something: </p>

<p>"Over 17,600 applicants competed for 5,000 freshman seats." </p>

<p>Am I reading this correctly?! Only 30% of its applicants were accepted?! Had I known the school was THIS competitive, I wouldn't even have bothered applying to it...okay, I'm definitely reading it incorrectly, or VaTech has made some sort of mistake, because I KNOW VaTech accepts more like 70%.
fhshortie08, have you received yours yet? Does it say the same thing?</p>

<p>I'm so bored that I've decided to type up the ENTIRE rejection letter. I'm assuming since most of you have received acceptance letters-- and that most people are accepted in general-- that many of you probably haven't seen it. It's nothing special, but as I said, I have nothing better to do right now:</p>

<p>"Dear _____,</p>

<p>Thank you for your application for admission to Virginia Tech. Members of the admissions committee have carefully reviewed your application and we regret that the university cannot offer you a place in the Fall Semester 2005 freshman class. The decision is not a dismissal of your academic ability or promise, but rather a reflection of the keen competition among applicants for limited space.</p>

<p>In reviewing your application, we considered high school courses selected, gades, and standardized test scores, as well as other supporting materials that may have been included. The selection process for the class of 2009 has been the most competitive ever. Over 17,600 applicants competed for 5,000 freshman seats. The average GPA of those students offered admission was above 3.81 and the average SAT I was above 1240.</p>

<p>Since you have a strong desire to attend Virginia Tech, you may wish to consider applying as a transfer student after you have successfully completed one or more years at a community college or other accredited college or university. A considerable number of Tech graduates first entered the university as transfer students.</p>

<p>We appreciate your interest in Virginia Tech. We urge you to continue your education and pursue your career goals. Best wishes to you in all your endeavors. "</p>

<p>halfway...i do believe you are reading that incorrectly...i am copying this right from the VT admissions section of their website...please note its for the class of 2008 and not 2009.</p>

<p>Number of freshmen applicants: 17,780
Number offered admission: 12,500
Number enrolled: 5,000</p>

<p>i think what they are trying to say is that the freshmen class will be 5,000 but they are always expecting about 7,500 to reject their admission offer. thats about a 70% acceptance rate and also on collegeboard.com they are reporting a 69% acceptance rate.</p>

<p>of course! how did I not see that?! thanks, dakrnadict.</p>

<p>accepted Pamplin College of Business/ Finance</p>

<p>I have been accepted into the the college of engineering at VT. I took the SAT II Math IC, but do i need to take Math IIC?</p>

<p>No...I dont think so...they just use the SAT II Math for placement. Im sure youre fine with what youve taken so far...but if you want to make sure--you can always call or email the admissions office--I recommend calling..:)</p>

<p>LOL, I just find it funny how in the Letter they said, "The average GPA of those students offered admission was above 3.81 and the average SAT I was above 1240." As if they couldn't figure out exactly what it was. lol, Or maybe it was a 3.82 with 1250, but they just said 3.81 with 1240 so they could feel better and use the word "above" Thought i would mention that, lol. :-)</p>

<p>HAHAHAHAHA....THATS HILARIOUS....ummmmm....its not THAT funny--a lot of schools try to exaggerate their admissions stats.</p>

<p>i'm sure the average was like 3.81232837 and the average SAT was 1241.180405, so that was just their way of saying that i guess, i prob would have done the exact same thing.</p>

<p>dakrnadict - thats crazy... my friend got deffered and she had a 3.8 GPA with 1400 SAT's and she was a minority. Which school did you apply to?</p>

<p>I got in as a transfer from UMD with a 3.65. Applied last year and didn't get in, so don't give up hope. I'm still waiting to hear from UVa (1st choice).</p>

<p>did you not like UMD? I'm going to Vtech ,but my second choice school was UMD -- i decided this weekend for sure, I'm just curious for your opinion on it</p>

<p>I do like UMD, but I want to go back to Virginia where I'm from, preferably C'Ville at UVa, but that still remains to be seen as I await a decision from them. Maybe I'll see ya around at Tech next year. :)</p>