Decisions?

Does anyone know when UW-Madison early action decisions come out? It says by the end of January, but could a decision come earlier than that?

It varies year to year. My sister heard back right away in Noverember in 2014. However, UW did not begin to send out any decisions until January last year.

Looking at last year’s college confidential threads, it was January 23. That makes sense since website says by the end of January.

Update: I know someone who works in the admissions office at UW and he said that they are hoping to send out decisions earlier than they originally anticipated.

@overwhelmed22 That would be great! Any idea on how much earlier…

Do you think we will find out early January?

Most likely early January!

Thanks @overwhelmed22!!!

@overwhelmed22 Thank you!!

@mwmcm2 A student in the transfer thread was at the school for an event in mid-November and said an official there stated they wanted to get freshman EA fall 2018 decisions out by the end of December. I’m hoping the first wave starts before Christmas.

@wheatonmom That would be great! I hope that we will find out soon!

@wheatonmom On the UW-Madison college board page, it says that “College will notify student of early action admission by December 31st” so hopefully that’s accurate!

@mwmcm2 Very interesting, I’d be happier if the University of Wisconsin website would change their date from stating the end of January. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that it is this month.

“The university hopes to deliver decisions to those who applied by Nov. 1 “much earlier” and “perhaps several weeks” before the published “end of January” notification date…” https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2017/12/07/if-your-studen-applied-uw-madison-and-academically-prepared-admission-chances-excellent-official-say/929020001/