Decisions

<p>Just wondering when decisions start coming out? Thanks</p>

<p>December 10th at 5 pm eastern time. They’re sending out “peace of mind” letters to people they’ve admitted though. I live in Indiana and got mine today. So if you applied pretty early, you might be getting one too.</p>

<p>Oh boy. Haha I had everything in by Oct. 4th I wanna say. I’m out of state hopefully getting one soon.</p>

<p>What does a “peace of mind” letter actually say?</p>

<p>This is what my letter said.</p>

<p>Dear Rebecca,</p>

<p>I’m sending this letter to offer a little peace of mind. You are an excellent student and when we begin releasing admission decisions next month, I am confident you will be offered admission to Purdue.</p>

<p>The primary reason we wait to release admissions decisions until December is because we want to be able to review the applicant pool as a whole, to ensure we are offering admission to students who are the most prepared to succeed at Purdue and contribute to our dynamic campus community. If we were to begin making decisions too early, space would begin to fill before some very good student apply.</p>

<p>However, these is no reason to delay letting students of your caliber know that we will have a spot for you at Purdue.</p>

<p>This is not your official admissions letter; you can expect that to arrive shortly after we begin releasing admission decisions on December 10. But this is intended to help you start planning for the future. We want you at Purdue, and I am confident our University will offer the opportunities you seek.</p>

<p>I am delighted that you are exploring a future at Purdue and wish you well as you complete your high school career. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions.</p>

<p>Sincerely,
Pamela T. Horne
Dean of Admissions</p>

<p>^^^
Excellent!! Thank you VERY much for taking the time to type and post your letter. It definitely sounds as though Purdue wants you and if you choose to attend I’m sure they’ll have a great addition to their freshman class. Thanks again and good luck!</p>

<p>Naturaldisaster…did anything change on your status page to indicate that they’d reviewed your application before you got that letter?</p>

<p>Hey there,
We’re OOS and we got what my knee-jerk reaction was a peace of mind email: The topic is “You’ll have your decision on Dec 10”
Then it says his name: and the following
Thank you for your interest in Purdue. Our Admissions Committee is evaluating your application and you can expect an admission decision when we begin to release decisions after 5 p.m. Eastern Time on December 10.</p>

<p>As you continue to learn more about Purdue, I’d like to share a few highlights of the exciting year we’ve had, on campus and beyond:</p>

<p>U.S.News and World Report ranked Purdue among the nation’s top 20 public universities and cited the University for multiple student success categories: first-year experience, internships, learning communities, study abroad, and writing in the disciplines.
Purdue ranked 4th in the nation in preparing students for the workforce according to a Wall Street Journal survey of corporate recruiters.<br>
Purdue professor Ei-ichi Negishi won the Nobel prize in chemistry.
Kiplinger Personal Finance listed Purdue among the nation’s best values.
Student retention rates reached an all-time high.
Innovations in classroom technologies that lead to student success continued on campus with the latest new service, Mixable, a social learning environment linked to individual courses. Learn more about Purdue’s classroom technology innovations.
See for Yourself - Enjoy a slice of life at Purdue through photo galleries and videos.</p>

<p>Purdue is a dynamic community of scholars, educators, leaders, innovators, mentors, and friends, and I’m glad you have applied for admission.</p>

<p>Hail Purdue!</p>

<p>Pamela T. Horne</p>

<p>Seems like they’re still "selling? Everyone get one of these. His stats are strong enough for Purdue</p>

<p>Our son received this email today as well. We’re also OOS & he applied before 10/18.</p>

<p>I just got the email this morning. Does not seem to be as clear as the one you recieved in the mail but it is nice to know they are still trying to promote themselves to us.</p>

<p>I think the two seem very different. One is an actual letter that offers peace of mind the other simply an email that basically says “we know you’re applied”.
Good Luck everyone.</p>

<p>I still do not even have a decision box on my status page. Like, I called earlier on because of this like how I don’t even have an ‘application complete’ or ‘decision made’ spot on my application summary. And I got that e-mail as well. I’m sure it’s just a reminder of their late release date so you don’t forget about Purdue because all the other colleges that I applied to, I have known about my admission for at least a month and already have gotten scholarship letters. Also, the deadline to receive your decisions by 10 December was, I believe, yesterday, but I could be wrong. I guess we’ll find out our admissions decisions for sure in a month. Good luck!</p>

<p>PS. I got my letter yesterday. The date on it says November 9, 2010, so if you don’t live in Indiana, you might still be getting one. Also, remember, no mail today in the US!</p>

<p>

If you also received the email then as you said…there is still hope for others when mail delivery resumes tomorrow.</p>

<p>Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t count out the fact that myself a few people I know IRL got letters and you and/or your kids didn’t. It’s just because we live in Indiana, so the mail is fast. (:</p>

<p>Oh and one more thing to add as I can’t edit my post, I got everything in super early. As in around August 7th, so I can’t be sure how early you had to apply to get a letter.</p>

<p>We’re OOS & we received the email yesterday & the “peace of mind” letter today.</p>

<p>Same here :)</p>

<p>Congrats everyone else who got a letter! I’m assuming this letter is an unofficial acceptance letter that we all got, and I hope that means we’re all wanted into our respective programs as well. Once again, congratulations everybody!</p>

<p>We are in Missouri and our son received the letter today. He applied in early October (engineering.) He also received the e-mail yesterday.</p>

<p>anyone in Ny area get letter yet?</p>