Decker Nursing

@bufuturenurse202 hey! nothing yet ): when did you submit your app?

Jan 30 , this is tough ! I can’t even sleep lol

@bufuturenurse202 I know right! I felt the same way, but don’t worry soon the wait will be over, good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you?

Did you apply elsewhere ?

I’m considering doing the nursing program at my community college and working myself up to a BSN. I know that it’ll take longer but I’ll still be able to work as a nurse either way.

@lilibeth04 That’s a smart idea, I’d say go for it! I know a few friends who did that. You can also do the Accelerated program if you want–once you get a Bachelor’s degree, you can apply to certain schools that offers it. I think it’s a little less than 2yrs to finish it and you’ll end up with 2 degrees once you’re done!!

But honestly, it doesn’t matter which college you go to nor how long it takes you. I feel like our generation always feel like we’re behind/taking too long to accomplish things. But who are we in a race with? We are not in a competition with others, we are building our OWN future. So take as much time as you need, do what ever it takes to get there!!! Because what truly matters is the end result–you being a Registered Nurse. :smile: :smile:

You’re right! I have been accepted to more than 2 ADN programs ryt now but I felt like It’ll take me more time to get my bsn . If things don’t go as planned I’ll go for the ADN . Like you said , it’s not a race .

No news???

Has anyone else heard or heard anything about the wait list?

Nope, not yet.

I was waitlisted but but I got in.

Yes

Congrats!!! @bufuturenurse202

I’m looking for a roommate. Pls email me at futurenursebu@gmail.com

Is there a Facebook page?

Congrats!!!..can you post your stats and did they call you or just update portal? thanks! Congrats againnnnn!!!

Thank you! They initially called me but I missed it then few hours later I got an update on my portal. I have 3.7 gpa, finishing Micro this semester spring 19’ and taking Chem2 in the summer with the nutrition elective as well . So total 3 outstanding classes.

42 credits