Declare major or not?

<p>I’m a senior in high school with questions about advantages and disadvantages about declaring major or not. What are the disadvantages that await me if I get into UC if I haven’t declared my major? Do declared students get higher registration priority than undeclared?
Since I don’t really have a strong application, I can’t just declare my major, computer engineering with the thought of others with stronger application putting undecided just to increase their chance.
I’m only applying right now, these are the only disadvantages I can think of. If you know more, please tell me.</p>

<p>This will vary at each UC campus. Please first check with the campuses you are applying to for their advice. Most, if not all, UC engineering programs are very competitive. If you are interested in Engineering please apply to that program as your first choice major. At UC Davis, and other UC campuses as well, it is easier to be admitted to Engineering than it is to change your major into Engineering. At UC Davis there is no undeclared option for engineering so students must choose the area they are most interested in. For the Colleges at UC Davis that offer undeclared as an option it will not harm nor help your chances for admissions if you apply undeclared.</p>