Decline Acceptance

<p>So, I was accepted at UW-Madison and I am wondering how I would go about declining that so that they know I am not coming. I cannot find my paperwork for that and am wondering if there is a way to do it online or if it is even necessary for me to let them know.</p>

<p>Any help appreciated.</p>

<p>Thank You</p>

<p>I didn’t send anything or officially decline the schools that I was accepted to but didn’t want to go to. I just ignored it. Nothing ever happened to me.</p>

<p>An envelope came in your acceptance letter packet, you check the “no” box and mail it off.</p>

<p>Can’t you, umm, call the admissions office? They are likely not keeping track of such things at a major state u. with UG attendance in the 10s of thousands, but that would be the place I’d start if I’d lost my paperwork.</p>

<p>I’d email–not call. They are still very busy plus email provides a record.</p>

<p>It is courteous to send notification whenever you decide not to attend so that the admissions office can stay as up-to-date as possible in managing their offers and waitlist. If you can’t find the paperwork for this, e-mail would be appropriate.</p>

<p>I think UW admissions is smart enough to figure out that you aren’t attending if you don’t respond by the 5/1 deadline.</p>