Decline Admission possible after registering for NSC??

<p>Shocking title, I know. As blasphemous as it might seem to even ask this, I just wanted to know if I can decline my offer of admission once I have accepted it and registered for an NSC. I know A&M is a great school and I wish all of those of you whom are going there the best in your college experience, but I've decided where I want to go and unfortunately, it's not A&M. A friend told me it's binding and its scaring me very much. Can someone please help me or enlighten me? Thank you.</p>

<p>From the TAMU website:</p>

<p>“If I register for my New Student Conference, am I bound to attend Texas A&M University?
We interpret registration in a New Student Conference as a confirmation that you will be attending Texas A&M. If you do decide not to attend after registering for a conference, please inform the Office of Admissions at (979) 845-1060 and they will cancel your admission. Your conference fee is however, non-refundable.”</p>

<p>Thank you very much! God bless!</p>

<p>You don’t even have to call them. On you AIS, go to contact xxxxxx, click on the drop down menu, and there should be some option there that lets you rescind your entire application. It will take about a week for everything, including financial aid to disappear, and a little more until you lose access to everything from TAMU. Just write them telling them that you are no longer planning to attend the university and wish them a great future.
Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>