Declining acceptance to A&M

Hello guys! I was recently accepted to Texas A&M’s College of Engineering as a Computer Science major for the Spring 2016 semester. However, due to funds and housing constraints I won’t be able to attend until graduate school. Will A&M know I declined admission when I go to apply for graduate school in a few years? I’m getting my two Bachelor degrees in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics from Texas State University in San Marcos since it’s near me and affordable for now. Thanks!

As far as I know, on May 1st, if you haven’t signed up for a new student conference you will automatically decline, so there’s really nothing you have to do.
Congrats on your Tx State double major. My eldest son is there also, in the McCoy College of Business.

I found something else. Log into your Howdy portal. In the middle section, the top section of the page says “manage applications”. Click the link “manage applications”. Below the heading, it shows you what options you can perform by clicking that link. One of them is to accept or decline your offer of admissions.

Before you do that- financial aid offers have NOT all gone out. If you want to attend but can’t due to finances wait for your offers

Also, you need to file your FAFSA to get need based offers - you can indicate more than one school to get your FAFSA report.

You might want to give Financial Aid a phone call to inquire - just realized you are looking at Spring 2016 - if you ask and the answer is no then you have tried your best 979- 845-3236.