Deep Springs '14

<p>Anyone invited to Part 2 of the application?</p>

<p>Bump10char</p>

<p>Just got the call today. Pretty excited.</p>

<p>Same! My biggest question is do they pay for you to visit campus for the interview? Bc I don’t think I can afford it on my own accord.</p>

<p>Got the call! Yay!</p>

<p>Does anyone know how many people get invited for part 2?</p>

<p>@HYPS
Congratulations, I’m not sure sorry. I lucked out, I’m driving distance away.</p>

<p>@Butters
My understanding is that around 40% of the applicant pool is invited for part 2.
So that’s somewhere between 40-80 people, depending on the pool size.</p>

<p>I’m on the other side of the country. -_-</p>

<p>And I believe it’s 40! :D</p>

<p>Just got the e-mail, absolutely excited! :’)</p>

<p>Has anyone received the email with Part II questions and stuff like that?</p>

<p>Do I still have a shot if I haven’t received the e-mail or phone-call yet?!</p>

<p>my understanding is that they spread out the calls over a couple of days, so… cross your fingers i guess, good luck!</p>

<p>Ghostisborn: So you didn’t get an e-mail like thefez, but you got a phone call?</p>

<p>yep, that’s right.</p>

<p>So nervous haha. Good luck!</p>

<p>Email was sent around 1:20 EDT today! :)</p>

<p>I wish I didn’t have to pay to travel, but it’s DS, and I’m exited as nuts.</p>

<p>Hope to see one of you guys there. Now I have to convince teachers to write letter of rec over winter break. Yeah, they’ll be ok with that…</p>

<p>I’m international, so the round 2 package might not get here soon. I wish I could come for the interview!</p>

<p>It’s funny how there’s only like 45 people total so I can probable guess who you are.
I wish DSC were on common app so I can just forward those recommendations. I dont know how I’ll be able to postmark those by 1/6</p>

<p>:p I know, I’m probably from Macedonia. Or Hong Kong. Or Scotland. Or Indonesia. Or South Africa. Not telling!</p>

<p>I will need to use translation services, so I need to get all recommendations done before Christmas. This is going to be fun.</p>

<p>Not going to the interview. Can’t afford it. The limits they place for the incomes are…reasonable, but being slightly above those incomes doesn’t help. So bummed.</p>