Deerfield reached out for counselor letter

If you saw the “Counselor = Late Application” post, this is a follow up.

No, she hasn’t done it, still “in progress”

But, someone (am I allowed to name drop?) reached out (not admissions email, a direct staff) and asked my counselor. She even CC me and my parents so we could see.

Is it a bad thing that a staff member directly is asking for it?

Update: I asked her about it one more time before parents got involved and basically she still has to write Senior letters (for college applicants) I’m gonna be so serious right now I had no clue college apps were still open :sob::sob:

1 Like

If you have been asking your counselor numerous times and they haven’t done it, I don’t think it reflects badly on you. The school should understand that it’s out of your control.

They are just doing it so the counselor actually completes it, I think.

1 Like

It’s neither bad nor good. As I said in your other thread, your parents need to take over.

2 Likes

FYI, my kid’s very competent, very gracious current math teacher thought she’d submitted and the two Gateway schools just told me yesterday that no recommendation had been submitted. It just said “in progress.” I reached out to Gateway, who wrote me specific instructions on how to finish the submission and voila, it was completed by the teacher within the hour!

1 Like

Here are their instructions to me…

Please ask your recommender to log back in to Gateway and follow the instructions to submit. If they have problem using the system, please ask them to contact us directly. We in tech support are always happy to help.

Alternatively, since the recommender already submitted the form to SCHOOL, you could simply use the ‘Auto Submit’ feature without bothering the recommender. However, if you don’t see the Auto Submit button under a Part 3 item, it means the recommender did not “Opt-In” for the feature. You can ask the recommender to follow the steps below:

1. Log into their recommender account.
  2. Go to the Dashboard tab.
  1. Click On for Auto Submit at the top.

When successfully updated, you should be able to see the green Auto Submit button for the recommendation you wish to send.

Let us know if we could help further.

Best,
XYZ

Technical Support
Gateway to Prep Schools

4 Likes

Closing thread. See update.

1 Like