Defered- Chances of getting in RD?

<p>I got deferred from Early decision with a 3.315 gpa and 1240 (690 math 550 crit reading) sat/670 physics 660 math 2 sat2 score. Most people that have similar stats seem to have gotten denied, but my hypothesis as to why i was not is because i have been taking increasingly harder classes and have been making increasingly better grades. As of now i am taking full AP and one IB course, and I am making 6 A's 2 B's. If i maintain this grade status for the first semester and submit, do you think this will make me a likely candidate for acceptance?</p>

<p>With 6 A's and 2 B's in AP and IB classes, your GPA should increase and so you should be able to get in RD.</p>

<p>I don't see how you got deferred in the first place, did you apply for engineering or architecture?</p>

<p>I know a guy at my school who was deferred with a 3.5 and 1960 on the SATs. They only accept like 3.7+ students ED probably. You will have a nice shot at RD. It also depends on what college you applied for.</p>

<p>I have a friend trying to get into Virginia Tech who got deferred. They had a bad year in high school due to depression of having their first relationship not end very well. She had a similar GPA and tried to explain her situation for that one year in the application.</p>

<p>Since she was not denied, I think that this means that admissions just defers people who they are willing to consider later on or wish to have more data on. They don't want to take someone in early decision that might end up at the bottom of their average stats for acceptance, so they wait on them and see where they stack up with the rest of the people in regular decision. </p>

<p>I can say that admissions is not just limited to 3.7 in early decision because I have another friend that got into Tech with around a 3.5.</p>