Deferred Admission Decisions

I got deferred Early Action I. In the letter it said I would hear back by Saturday, February, 28th. Has anyone heard back from TCU if they were deferred?

I was deferred also. I haven’t heard anything yet. I live in New Orleans, my college consuleor told me today that she didn’t know if I’d get a decision back by the 28th because of the bad weather in Texas this week!

I am hoping maybe the online portal will change tomorrow, I am super anxious to hear back! I live in MA so it will take a few days to get here :frowning:

Did anyone’s portal change today? I was also deferred and mine did not change as of this morning :frowning:

My portal has not changed yet either!!! :frowning:

My daughter’s didn’t change either. My sons are both students at TCU and I was afraid this might happen when they had 2 1/2 snow days this week.

My portal changed this morning to “decision sent”!

I learned that I got accepted today via portal. I checked on the 28th and it told me it sent. For me, the portal changed one day later. So, you should know soon.

I checked this morning and I got accepted also!

My daughter was admitted for the Spring semester, anyone else receive this letter?

Yes my daughter was accepted for January 2016 too. She really wants to go to TCU so she accepted it, but put a note in the comments section asking them to let her know if there are any openings in Fall 2015 class.

Did her portal say Accepted January? My daughters still says in review but the January accept came in a letter in
the mail. Wondering how many were accepted for January? Will your daughter take classes before then?
We are from CA, you?

We just got the letter too. Her portal still shows in review. We live in Colorado so she’s planning to take some core classes at our local community college. She is a competitive dancer and she really wants to tryout for the TCU Showgirls this April. We’re pretty sure she will have to wait a year to tryout if she doesn’t start until January which is the primary reason she’s hoping to get switched to Fall 2015 admission. My oldest son who is a junior at TCU told us it is not unusual at all to start in January. I think it helps keep the enrollment numbers more stable.

My daughter is accepted for Spring and also accepted. We are from CA too. Where are you from in CA?

Wanted to know if you were able to get your daughters moved from spring of 2016 to Fall of 2015. My daughter is in the same position, and we have just days for her to commit to her other schools, if she decides to not attend TCU.

Unfortunately no. They have more fall acceptances than they have dorm space. So, she’s going to take classes at our local community college in the fall and start at TCU in January.

I’m trying to convince my daughter to do the same, take classes at our local community college and start at TCU in the spring. We are from California and my daughter has been a competitive dancer for 12 years and wanted to audition for the TCU Showgirls. Its just disappointing that she talked about dancing and wanting to be a TCU Showgirl in her personal essay and on her application she indicated all her years of dancing and then they defer her to spring, which means she has to wait an additional year to audition… UGH!

I have another question, if you don’t mind answering. Not sure if I have the correct information or not, my understanding is TCU doesn’t release the financial aid info for Spring Admits until October, is that correct? This whole spring admission is so different from all the other schools my daughter has been accepted to. My concern is committing to TCU for the Spring and finding out that TCU is not affordable for our family, and we passed up other schools where we knew what our EFC would be. This is a big concern for my husband and I with already having another child in a private college here in California. Thanks again.

I don’t know when they release the financial
aid info, but I’m pretty sure you will be fine. TCU is pretty good about making it work financially so students can come there. As I mentioned earlier in the thread we have 2 sons already there and they’ve been great with them! We did go down this weekend so my daughter could go through the process of Showgirl auditions. As bummed as she was that she couldn’t be on the team this year she is more excited than ever to tryout next year! We also met with an advisor about what classes she should take at community college and she was very nice and helpful.

Oh wow, so you made the trip there… I thought about doing that, as my daughter has a friend that she danced/competed with that is a Showgirl and to also get an idea of what to expect next year. Its good to know that TCU works with families to make attending affordable. I will contact a TCU advisor to find out about the classes that my daughter should take at our community college in the fall. Thanks again for sharing this information with me. I’m sure we will meet in the spring, we should have our girls share contact info, since they’ll be both be attending in the spring.