Deferred and Still have hope!

<p>Stats:
GPA: 2.7
SAT: 1450/2110
Essay: Wrote about a special needs brother as well
Reccomendations: Good, 2 Reccomendations
Ethnicity: Asian
Extra Curriculars: Decent. Mostly tutoring and volunteering. Had a job at a doctor’s office as well.</p>

<p>3.6 Gpa
1220 Cr + Math
Cr: 490 definitely hurt me big time
Math: 730
Hispanic male hope it helped my poor CR
Great Essay, Recommendations, and my best EC was going to SARAS program at Stony Brook in the summer of 2011.
AP Calc BC, AP Bio, AP Chem
School only offers about 3 honor classes
Varsity cross country and Varsity Crew both for 2 years.
Assistant Manager at work with about 1300-1500 hours.</p>

<p>I hope they ask for midyear grades. I have a huge upward trend since freshmen year with probably a 3.2 and senior year with a 4.0</p>

<p>Wow, a lot of people deferred. Bunch of people from my high school got deferred too.
I applied to Watson (Comp. Sci.)</p>

<p>SAT: 1260 / 1870 (610 CR 650M 610W)
GPA: 3.5
Honors / AP: 4 APs last year(4,3,3,1 on tests), 4 this year. Honors classes soph. + freshman year
Essay: Average, nothing spectacular
Recommendations: Awesome, both teachers know me extremely well
EC: Not much, 2 paid jobs, two clubs, some online courses
NY resident
Latino</p>

<p>Daughter deferred - NY resident: 3.6 GPA (UW), 1850 SAT (670 CR, 560 M, 620 Writing), 27 ACT</p>

<p>Strong essay and recommendations
taking 6 college course this year along with AP Bio
A few EC’s, with one key leadership position. She also has good work experience.</p>

<p>She seems to be in good company on this thread</p>

<p>I got accepted with my grades as well as other people from my school with similar grades</p>

<p>SAT: 1210/1880 (600 CR 610M 670w)
GPA: 3.37/4.6 Weighted
2 Honors Junior Year and 2 AP Senior Year
Essay: Great about Volunteer Work
Recommendations: 2 Amazing Teachers One I speak to every day (English) the other had two years for history and honors we the people.
EC: 4 years vball (3 years varsity), 1 year swimming and wrestling 200 hours at one hospital and 100 at another. multiple jobs and clubs
NJ Resident
White
Applied Undecided which put me in Harpur</p>

<p>Does anybody know if we will find out about regular decision before April 1st if we were deferred? So disappointed I will have to wait. Hopefully many people will withdraw since in my case, many from my school won’t actually attend.</p>

<p>I think we have to wait till RD now…</p>

<p>Was Deferred:
My gpa is a 96 (weighted) all honors except English. Regents all 85+ except English. Senior year taking ap calc. ap stat and ap physics. Top 15% in school.</p>

<p>SAT: 1820 1230/ 660 math 570 reading</p>

<p>Varsity Bowling
Computer Club
Volunteered 50 hours at a dentist’s office
Volunteered over 150 hours at rehab center
National Honor Society
Honor Roll
Chess Club
Asian Club
Ethnicity: Indian (Asian)</p>

<p>I Got into Stony Brook, Oneonta w/ full tuition scholarship, and Albany.</p>

<p>Deferred does not mean rejected. During this time, students should still keep up with their work and extracurricular activities. Many of you still have a great chance! All deferred means is that you are put in a pool with our regular applicants. Please feel free to pm me with any questions!</p>

<p>Are we allowed to send mid year grades even if they don’t ask?</p>

<p>Most schools automatically send mid-year grades. It wouldn’t hurt to send them in!</p>

<p>do applicants who were deferred have a better chance of admission ?</p>

<p>What percent were accepted who were deferred initially last year?</p>

<p>Son accepted. 3.2 gap; 780 math/550 reading/675 writing. worked part time in retail throughout high school, honors band, performs solo: sing/guitar/piano, decent EC’s, creative essay. white male, non NY’er</p>

<p>Here is the email I got:</p>

<p>Thank you for your Early Action application to Binghamton University for fall 2013.</p>

<p>Your application demonstrated significant accomplishments, strengths and talents. However, admission to Binghamton is especially competitive this year, and Binghamton only admits a portion of its class through Early Action. </p>

<p>The Admissions Committee has recommended that your application be reviewed again for Regular Admission. You will have a decision from Binghamton no later than April 1. No additional information will be required.</p>

<p>As an early applicant you have shown enthusiasm for Binghamton University and being a part of our community. We appreciate your strong interest.</p>

<p>Yes, we received that as well. I haven’t heard of anyone being rejected.</p>

<p>Only accepted or deferred in Early Action? no rejected?</p>

<p>Seems like they are going through the RD’s first then maybe the deferred. Anyone here anything yet who was deferred?</p>

<p>My D applied early action and was Def to Reg Decision as well. She never rec’d an email from Bing and we rec’d nothing in the mail. (we only found out the decision by viewing Status Checker) I called admissions yesterday and they did confirm that she was Deferred and that the final deicisions would be out within the “next few weeks”. Just would like to know so she can move on and make a decision. The other one she is still waiting on is Stony Brook University. She applied 10/23/12, she has 4.00 un-weighted average, excellent EC’s but so-so SAT scores which I imagine is the issue for both schools. (and I am legacy SBU, which we all know means nothing)</p>

<p>hmm, S accepted at several schools including Buffalo, not sure if we should send the deposit in for rooming assignment or wait for Binghamton (his #1). This seems like one of the later schools with a response, works in their favor but not necessarily in the student’s. Good luck all!</p>