Deferred - Anyone get decision yet?

<p>Daughter was deferred EA. Have not seen any decisions yet. Has anyone that was deferred EA or ED heard back from UM yet?</p>

<p>My D was also deferred from EA and hasn’t heard anything yet.</p>

<p>no i didn’t hear back. When are we hearing back?</p>

<p>Still waiting. Very frustrating.</p>

<p>can someone call and see what they will say about the deferred people?</p>

<p>EA deferred daughter finally got decision under cane link communications. Wait listed for fall admitted for spring. Also option of fall in Washington, D.C. or Rome, but no scholarships or grants and very limited FA. Not really any option for UM.</p>

<p>My EA deferred D received the same message on CaneLink. Not an option for us either. Time to move on. She was accepted at other great schools with great scholarships. She doesn’t seem upset at all.</p>

<p>@marotta16 and @SALSRL, could I ask for your daughters’ stats? I was deferred and am still waiting for a letter to appear on CaneLink. :frowning: I’m getting anxious (UM was the only school I really wanted to go to) and at this point I’m just hoping for Spring admittance. My stats were 3.55 UW, 4.08 W 24 ACT and IB/AP courseload all four years of high school (16 exams taken in total). Bilingual Diploma Candidate, translator, etc. were mostly the strong points of my application.</p>

<p>@Minccino, D stats were SAT 1270/1920 GPA 4.14/3.8 good caseload good ECs. S was admitted with 1320/1920 3.8/3.6 GPA 3 years ago class of 2015 but didn’t go. Good luck. Wish you the best. </p>

<p>@Minccino, D Stats were SAT 1290/1960 and 29 ACT, all AP’s and honors. 4.2 GPA, NHS, Summer internship doing DNA testing, 2 varsity sports all 4 years (2 yrs as captain), school ambassador & peer leader & lots of other EC’s. Decided not to stay on wait list. Off wait list there is no merit money. Moving on after such a long wait.</p>

<p>@SALSRL and @marotta16, thanks for your responses. Those are some awesome stats. I congratulate your Ds and wish them luck. I’m still waiting to hear back.</p>

<p>Minccino, I hope you go in- you sound like you really want to go to UM. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>get*</p>

<p>when are we finding out? UM is my top choice and I really want to know</p>

<p>This is absolutely ridiculous… I was waitlisted. I applied in October and you’re going to just now tell me 4-5 months later that I’m on the waitlist? I just don’t get it.
SAT 1400/2080, leadership roles in extracurriculars, rigorous course load</p>

<p>And then tell me that I’d get no financial aid -.- no thank you. I’ll stick with Tulane. </p>

<p>My D got the same thing. We moved on too. Especially since others with lower stats are getting so much money.</p>

<p>Accepted for spring waitlisted for fall and attending either way. Does anyone who started in the spring have advice? How easy is the adjustment? (moving in,getting involved, meeting ppl, ect.)</p>

<p>does anyone know the latest you can be notified on your decision?</p>

<p>on the website it says april 15- that is so late!!! </p>

<p>yah miami was late as heck</p>