Deferred during ED round for engineering

Hi everyone. VT has been my #1 school ever since the beginning of high school. I applied there for ED engineering and got deferred. Any advice on regular decision? Here is a little about me:

Virginia Resident

SAT: 1440 (730 Verbal, 710 Math)
UW GPA: 3.6
Weighted GPA: 4.2
Classes I’m taking right now: Engineering Honors, AP Physics 1, AP Gov, AP Statistics, AP Literature, and AP Calculus BC.

My grades right now aren’t very strong. I’ll most likely finish off the semester with a 3 A’s and the rest B’s. I realize that my GPA is average for their engineering program, but I felt like my SAT score and classes would somewhat make up for it.

I have shown interest in becoming an engineering by participating in STEM related extracurricular activities. Specifically, Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology Scholars (VASTS), Internship throughout a University (professor and graduate student) regarding electron configuration and their shape. Technology Student Association since freshman year (was the Treasurer my junior year).

Work Experience: (Paid) Soccer Referee since middle school years.
Volunteering: 100+ hours.

Please let me know where I stand for making VT’s Engineering program for regular decision. What do I lack in?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

bump…

ANyone please?

What is your GPA for math, physics, and chemistry classes? Also, where in Virginia are you located?

@rjldm25 I am unaware of the exact numbers, but I will most likely end up with an A- in physics and a B+ in math. I am located in Richmond.

Hopefully, you completed all the essays and made a strong case for the reasons you want to attend VT. I think you are competitive for RD as long as you have solid grades in math, physics, and chemistry. Having mostly B’s in these classes will put you at a disadvantage.

It’s not that I think you’re a tryhard, but lets just say that if you get rejected I probably have no chance…