Deferred ED, now what?

<p>So as you all know most people found out today whether or not they were admitted to Tech, and sadly I got deferred. Is it true that if you get deferred ED then you have a lower chance of getting in regular decision? I ask because I'm extremely upset and see this deferral pretty much as a denial. Anybody have a clue?</p>

<p>The admissions office has said that deferrals are in no way a denial. People actually get denied early, so the fact that you were deferred means there is something about your application that makes it possible to be admitted. They just need more information whether it be your updated grades or test scores or to see more of the regular decision applications.</p>

<p>Yes, I do know quite a few people deferred during ED that were admitted during RD when my brother applied in 2012. I have never heard of anyone being denied in ED. However, it be great if they provided information on the avg % ED deferrals admitted during RD. Or even the % of ED applicantes deferred. Things like that would give me comfort that there is still a good vs slim chance.</p>

<p>Anybody else in a high school were second semester grades are not available until early February, thus after the RD deadline?</p>