Deferred from Emory and now put in regular decision pool

<p>Hi so I was deferred from Emory and am now in the regular decision pool. Do you think it would be helpful to contact the minority representative for Emory (I'm black)? Also I am currently in this program called "Increasing the odds" which helps even out the playing fields and in being part of this program, I have worked with inner city kids. This means a lot because my dad and family have come from really rough inner cities and as a black female, I understand how it feels to be prejudged because of my background. I didn't mention this at all in my application because I felt as though it would be wrong to get an advantage over other applicants for doing something everyone should do out of the goodness of their heart. Looking back, writing a letter to the minority representative about my commitment to this program could really show another side of who I am and what I stand for. Do you think this would increase my chances of being accepted? </p>

<p>Oh boy…you do know that applying ED to Emory and SCEA to Princeton was a contractual and ethical violation, correct? </p>

<p>As for your question, it seems like too little too late. It makes no sense that you would not have previously listed any significant volunteer work that you performed. To bring it up to admissions at this point you would need to have accomplished something notable since you applied, like receiving an award or having a news story written about your efforts, etc. Otherwise suddenly contacting them with minor volunteer work that you "forgot’ the first time would probably be counterproductive. You had your chance to show them (BOTH schools, I’ll point out again) “who you are and what you stand for,” and it is very odd that you omitted something that you are now stating is so important to you. Wrong to get an advantage over other applicants? Isn’t that the whole idea? Well maybe that is what you tried to do by doubling down on your early acceptance odds?</p>