Deferred-- heard yet?

<p>Have any of you who were deferred in December and asked to submit 7th Semester grades received a decision yet?</p>

<p>7th Semester Transcript received by Purdue on Jan 26th but still no decision. S has several classmates who have heard but no one who applied to Engineering as far as I know.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks-- grades went in around the same time, and we haven’t heard yet either. It’s tough waiting it out.</p>

<p>engineer49 - S got admitted yesterday - no letter or e-mail yet, just an updated admissions status. I have no hard facts but it appears that notifications have been trickling in based S’s HS classmates (in-state HS). I do know of a couple of outright rejections/offers of admission to another Purdue school that occurred prior to the admissions that trickled in, for what its worth. yes… it has been a tough wait…</p>

<p>Thanks, RugbyDad. Congrats to your son. hoping for the same news here-- maybe out of state will trickle in later? not sure how they are processing the applications, so will just have to wait and hope for the best.</p>

<p>Still waiting in Evanston Illinois to hear about my son’s application deferred application to Purdue’s Mechanical Engineering program. I called the school to find out how to send the 1st semester grades and they were adamant to send them right away! I had our counselor fax them because the school (ETHS) mails them in 4-6 weeks! Oy vay!</p>

<p>Hi, i was also deffered from purdue, purdue recieved my 7th semester transcript on the 6th and i have not recieved a reply yet. Btw next to my 7th semester transcript under the notes section, it has a messege 'BDMS (BHENSON1)" does anyone know what that means?</p>

<p>I just called the admissions office because my son had the same initials on his application status. She said it just means they received his transcript. And it takes 1-2 weeks to get a decision from the date printed that they received it. His was February 9th, so she said within a week or 2 at the most!</p>

<p>dacheungmeister - BDMS is the Admissions office system… the message just means the transcript was entered. </p>

<p>vocemom - FYI - we waited over 3 weeks after the date Purdue “received” the 7th semester transcript (Transcript entered on 1/26, Admitted on 2/20) … Hopefully you wont have to wait that long.</p>

<p>my daughter was notified of acceptance very quickly after Purdue received her 7th semester transcript - it was around the last few days of January.
She is OOS (California), admitted into Biology/pre-med … I’m sure Engineering would take longer (more applicants and more selective?).</p>

<p>got into purdue!@$!@$%!%^@#^!&#$!@*&</p>

<p>Congrats, dacheungmeister! and we definitely understand the @$!@$%!%^@#^!&#$!@*& sentiments…</p>

<p>Out of state applicant -Major EE ( engineering)
2060 SAT – 2140 super score (780M 700W , 660W)
3.4 including 7th semester grades
7th semester grades updated 1/31
still waiting for decision.</p>

<p>— Hope I get in !!!</p>

<p>Denied admission to Engineering/Mechanical but accepted to Alternate Program. Details in letter that will be coming, but my son has already been accepted to U of I general studies and it’s much cheaper for us, so Purdue is a no go! Unless of course they accepted him in general engineering or something? Anyway he has his heart set on Miami of Ohio (accepted in Mechanical Engineering) with a lot of merit aid, so I’m hoping we can make it happen for him! Purdue has the auto mechanical program but Miami has Baja SAE club and he wants to learn to build cars!</p>

<p>“expect decision by mid February” Yah right!. This is march dude. Hello anyone out there in Mellencamp world.</p>

<p>domination - Have you called the Admissions office? BTW - Since John Mellencamp is a huge supporter of Indiana University (Purdue’s main rival), and paid for the IU Football indoor practice facility, you may want to come up with another reference.</p>

<p>Did call them 3 weeks ago, May be I should call them again. Still says under review in admission portal. Thanks Rugbydad for the tip.</p>