Deferred//Letter of Continued Interest??

Should I write a LOCI for Madison? It is my number one choice school and I will attend if I get in. Any tips for writing one (if they even accept them)? I really want to get in and I want to do anything I can do to increase my chances or show my commitment. Thanks!

Post your grades, make the letter direct and short and to the point. Make sure you say you’ll go if you are admitted and note anything extra not already known…little awards, notes of interest, things about you but don’t rehash everything they already know. It’s all you can do to make yourself shine. I would also re-state your 1st semester senior grades if you have them but bullet them and you’ll feel good that you did a LOCI. =D>

I was postponed last year (I guess it’s deferred now?), and ultimately was accepted in the second round of admissions. When I got postponed in December, I sent in two extra LoRs and a letter of continued interest, including extra leadership positions and employment. I got accepted and am doing just fine, I hope you get in!

1 Like

I also called and emailed admissions a few times… I don’t know if that did anything, but it made me feel better.