Deferred payment option - did I mess this up?

<p>So was very happy to see the charges, credits, scholarship applied etc all looked just perfect in son’s account, was feeling so happy and relieved :). Then when we clicked confirm schedule and selected the deferred payment option, it said zero was due, and that the balance is still the overall amount due and in October. I thought we would have to pay half now and the remainder in October so I have no idea why it is saying zero is due. Anyone else electing this option, having this result? I will call tomorrow to find out but just wondering…</p>

<p>I think when you defer payment it defers the entire payment. There is an alternative payment plan that includes payments. I think one has to apply for that and the date may have already passed to do so. Not sure.</p>

<p>No it only defers half of your total cost to october, but your scholarship is recorded as a payment on your account so it reduces the half that has to be paid now. So, if your scholarship is more than half your total charges then you will owe nothing now and the remaining unpaid portion in October.</p>

<p>Oh and there is a 10 month payment plan called the bama plan but the deadline has passed to sign up for it. It is managed by sallie Mae and costs 55 annually and no interest. Payments started in June. Late sign up was july 5 according to the website. Not a bad deal but I had no idea it existed until today.</p>

<p>Yes you are completely correct!!! They responded (so quickly!) and we don’t have a payment due until October because his scholarship was more than half the total amount due. Amazing!!!</p>