Deferred Transfer UW Madison

I recently found out that I was deferred as a transfer student to UW Madison. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar scenario and can tell me about it. I am currently a freshman at Edgewood college in Madison WI. My first semester I went to UW-La Crosse and finished with a 3.53 GPA. I transferred in order to be in Madison and my dream school has always been UW. After finding out I was deferred for next fall semester transfer at UW Madison I was curious as to why. I’ve heard that since UW Madison requires 24 credits to transfer, that they defer any people until they can show proof of having completed those 24 credits. Is there any truth to that? I also was wondering my chances are of being accepted after being deferred. My first semester GPA as already stated was a 3.53 at UW-La Crosse and I expect for my second semester GPA at Edgewood College to be 3.4 or above. My high school GPA was a 3.7 and I was involved in tons of extracurriculars. In my UW Madison transfer application I submitted only one recommendation letter but it was from a notable Biology Professor. My Major is Biology and I am Pre-PA. In college I am involved in a medical club, volunteered at a health center first semester, and now work as a Biology Tutor. My courses first semester were Music Appreciation, Bio, CST, Environmental Studies, and College Algebra. Second semester they are Chemistry, English, Nutrition, Philosophy, and Statistics. Once again, if you have any idea of my chances or as to why I was deferred I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

ACT score? Current cumulative GPA? Are you involved on campus? And personally, I think it would’ve been best to stay at UW-Lacrosse for spring so you could build your GPA and earn credits at one institution. But I could be wrong. It probably doesn’t matter lol.

Just finish your spring semester with a really high GPA. Aim for a 4.0. Don’t sell yourself short. You’d be surprised at what you can do. I’m in the same boat as you with practically lower stats. Look at the Fall 2018 Transfer thread if you want to see my stats.

Thanks, my ACT was a 21 but I didn’t submit it. My current GPA is a 3.4 for this semester and I’m involved