Deferred?

<p>I'm not sure if I got deferred. My app was sent online 10/14 and my transcripts were sent in 10/22 but processed on 11/13 for my status. I have been emailing UW and they finally changed my status to the "admissions counselor is reviewing app" - I checked today and my "Status Details" link was finally gone so I figured someone changed my status. However, I am still having the "reviewing app" status. My friend got deferred and told me that this was his status too. I also now have the side-link to Enrollment and Advisor on my page, but maybe that was there the whole time, and I just didn't notice. Was I deferred (my logic is that they updated my status but not my admissions news and they are just reviewing it for later in the year?) Thanks!</p>

<p>Also - should I be nervous I haven't heard yet? It's been forever.</p>

<p>Postponed would be the term- you'll know by Jan 15th. Looking at tonight/tomorrow's weather, don't expect any possible news until next week. They expect a foot of snow and will decide if tomorrow's finals need to be on Sat/Sun- possibly messing up many travel plans for students and their parents.</p>

<p>considering that i've been waiting for very long, along with the fact that they updated my status details but not my status, i guess i am postponed?</p>

<p>No, it will give you a definite answer once they have something to share with you. They are working on processing upwards of 25K - 30K applications, so speed of review is relative...</p>

<p>I emailed them and got this:</p>

<p>A decision was made on December 18th </p>

<p>This was yesterday, the day when my status details link disappeared. I am still under review technically. Does this have any significance</p>

<p>My kid's decision was apparently made on Thursday, December 4th (the date on the Congratulations letter received in the mail the following week), but the online status wasn't updated to "Congratulations" until Saturday, December 6th. Maybe there's a couple of days delay before it is reflected online...</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you madison85. I just got in!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>Congrats, pwnies! :)</p>

<p>CONGRATS to you, Pwnies!</p>

<p>thanks everyone for all of their help throughout this process. i had so much correspondence with wisconsin and on this site, its been a hectic time. but again, thank you! and good luck to everyone else, and ill see some of you next year</p>