Delayed Decision?

<p>I got my application in before the November 15th deadline. I wrote an essay but didn't submit any rec letters if that matters. A few of my friends applied also and got results already (Some even submitted after the deadline...) and I haven't even heard back yet. I'm an IB diploma candidate with a 4.1 W GPA and 32 ACT with solid EC's. Why haven't I heard back? Should I call/email?</p>

<p>You're supposed to hear back by 1/15.... chill and contact them after that date.</p>

<p>Why no letters? Not the best move... if there were a problem, though, they would have gotten a hold of you by now. All that's left to do is to play the waiting game.</p>

<p>Did you check your online application status just to make certain everything was in?</p>

<p>I looked at it yes, and it said that my test scores and application were recieved. There were only 2 things listed, so I was kind of worried that maybe because my transcripts didn't show up at all ( didn't say missing or recieved) that maybe they had never been sent. Doesn't make sense though, because on the same transcript release sheet I had about 5 other schools, all recieving the transcript</p>

<p>What exactly does your status say? Does it say something an admissions counselor reviewing your file? If so, then you should hear soon.</p>

<p>i have the same problem. i submitted my app and an adcom has been "reviewing" it for over a month
so tedious</p>

<p>My son's application was in the 'reviewing' status for about 7 weeks. It is just a really busy time for the admissions people.</p>

<p>The admissions department is slightly behind right now due to an abundance of applicants. I had everything submitted by late November and it was just last week that my transcript status was changed to "recieved". If you had everything in on time, the admissions department has until January 15th to make a decision, provided that there are no other delays regarding the amount of applications that they must review. If you have not heard by the 15th, then you may consider contacting them to make sure you are still a qualified candidate.</p>

<p>Madison has two notification periods. If your application was complete by November 15, then the latest you should hear is January 15 (or soon after). If your application was/will be completed between November 16 and February 1, then you'll hear before March 15. Notifications occur on a rolling basis, but these are the target dates they use. </p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison</p>