Denied/Academic expectations

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I got this. I applied to engineering. Can I reapply to a different field, such as the field of general studies? Or will they offer me a different field to get into? Or am I screwed to get in here?</p>

<p>I think if you were given the option to reapply to a different major choice you would have had to been admitted. Your decision would be something like admitted but to a different major choice. But wait until you get the official letter because I’m sure it will explain more/other options.</p>

<p>I will probably call them. Anybody else know anything?</p>

<p>Go to the status page, and click on the link that says “Application Change Form” or something like that. Then just fill it out.</p>

<p>If you are denied, then do the above, but type the essay they give you (on the sheet.)</p>

<p>IMO, your status did not have “Denied Program/Offer Other WL” or something along those lines so you were pretty much denied from Purdue’s main campus in general. I’m not too sure but that may be the case unfortunately. Try giving Purdue’s Office of Admissions a call on Monday or tomorrow if they are open.</p>

<p>maybe they will take me in undecided. GPA is 3.2/4
ACT is 28
class rank isnt even in the top half, but near it :(</p>

<p>your stats sound fine, it was probably your essay or ECs</p>

<p>kingneptune you are in the exact same boat i am in… i also have a 28 act and a 3.2 gpa, thought my essay was decent and got the same result after applying into engineering… Does anyone have an update on our options?</p>

<p>sorry for the double post, wouldnt let me edit my old one. Just got off the phone with a purdue counselor who said that i could fill out the application change form and my best bet would be liberal arts(epic fail). Purdue bases grade decisions heavily on junior year grades(mine were downward unfortunately) and even if 7th semester grades are all A’s its not nearly as important as the junior year. Liberal arts is the least competitive which is why she recommended it to me, and says not to try engineering again unless there is some extremely significant game changer. Also she said not to go with undergraduate studies with a bad junior year.</p>

<p>hey dude, </p>

<p>I talked to somebody over there too. She said I didnt make engineering because my freshman and sophomore years I had a lot of C’s. She said I could probably go too general studies. If I end up going to purdue, I will go to general studies. I want an engineering major, not some liberal arts major! Do what YOU want to do, not what is easiest. </p>

<p>As Robert Frost once said</p>

<p>Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—<br>
I took the one less traveled by,<br>
And that has made all the difference.</p>

<p>Do what you think is right, not what is the easiest.</p>

<p>I have a 29 ACT and 3.8 GPA, Great ECs and was waitlisted. Got in to Umich though… funny how things work out.</p>

<p>Well Bc2015, you live in Michigan…</p>

<p>still though, I’m “low” for umich, and I would have liked to have Purdue as an option.</p>