denied/academic expectations?

<p>i applied to the cit program and received this decision. here are my stats</p>

<p>3.33 uw 4.0 w
28 act
1790 sat</p>

<p>are my stats just not good enough?
can i appeal/change my application to a new program such as engineering?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>wow you got rejected with those stats? you probably should've applied to an easier major just to get into purdue then transfer later...</p>

<p>do i still have a chance to do that? what about going undecided?</p>

<p>i don't know how the process works now...but from reading other posts...they might say that you were denied your first major but could apply to another one if you called them?</p>

<p>would i have a better chance applying undecided or engineering?</p>

<p>anybody else have an input?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>anybody else have an input?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>if you still can apply, i'd say just ask the admissions person where you can get in and just get your foot in the door somehow...lots of people will drop out of their first major so there will definitely be opportunities for you if you do well your first few years which isn't that hard b/c purdue admits way too many dumb people</p>

<p>well i gave them a call, only to be directed to leave a message in the voicemail. I decided to just send an email, we'll see how that goes.</p>

<p>anyone receive this decision?</p>

<p>received a reply from the admissions office:</p>

<p>Computer Technology is a popular program at Purdue so admission is selective. I do not have the specific notes from the Admission Committee decision but, I believe your transcript showed a downward trend in performance last year especially in mathematics (pre-calculus).</p>

<p>You can request to be considered for admission to another academic program at Purdue by completing a “Change to Application Form” and submitting it to our office. The form is available under a section of the Office of Admissions web-site called “Admission Documents.” You would need to down-load the form, complete it, and then mail or fax it to our office. You might also consider sending us an updated transcript showing us your grades from the fall semester. Please let us know if our office can be of further assistance.</p>

<p>Do you think reapplying to engineering is a bad idea? i'm thinking reapplying undecided is a better route. Also, as for fall senior yr grades, this is what i got</p>

<p>Honors Band B+
AP Calculus AB B
PE A
AP Music Theory B
English IV Accel C
AP Macroecon C</p>

<p>do you think its worth sending these grades in?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>you probably won't get into engineering wit those grades...apply to undecided and just get your foot in the door, do well your first few years, then transfer to whatever you want...</p>

<p>their undecided 'major' is called undergraduate studies program right?</p>

<p>thanks</p>