Denied from Engineering, but accepted into University Studies

<p>Recently, I was accepted into the University Studies rather than General Engineering. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that I got in, but I'm wondering if I should go to VT because I'm worried it might be a too hard. My plan was to take the year in University Studies, then transfer into GE after a year and claim that I live with my cousin in Virginia so I get in state residency status since I'm not able to be claimed by my family anymore according to the government. What's your opinion?</p>

<p>GPA (out of 4.0) - 3.23
SAT - 670 Math, 560 Writing, 570 Critical Reading (1230/1800)
ACT - 26 out of 32
Race - Hispanic
Residency - CT
Over 30 hours of community service
Played football (10, 11, 12)
No honors or AP classes, just did good in Academic</p>

<p>What's your opinion on this?</p>

<p>Claiming in-state residency will be difficult. There’s a pretty extensive verification process.</p>

<p>

What do you mean by this? Most students are dependent on their parents until the age of 24 or whenever they get their Bachelor’s degree.</p>

<p>Well according to my dad, the government is classifying me as something that isn’t a dependent student of my family. We’re not sure why, but he said after reading the recently gained family income papers or whatever they’re called, there’s only 1 dependent student which is my 12 year old sister. I’m willing to go through the residency process regardless though.</p>

<p>Act - 26 out of 36* little mess up</p>