Denison Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Denison Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

1 Like

Hello! My daughter was accepted ED 1 to Denison this past November. We are from Ohio so she won’t be too far from home, but she fell in love with the campus on her visits. She will be a dual major in English/Educational Studies with a minor in Theatre.

She’s looking forward to meeting new friends!

7 Likes

Congratulations! My daughter was accepted ED2. Also from Ohio and applied all over but just really fell in love with Denison and that close community feeling. The campus is so beautiful! We are all so excited and feel like she made the right choice. Can you believe they had a record 14,000 applicants this year?

1 Like

Where did you get that number? Based on application numbers from past years that are publicly available, that seems extraordinarily high and very unlikely.

2 Likes

They did post on instagram (in January, I believe) that they had over 14K applications this year. That was the last data point I saw about it, but maybe they’ve since shared more.

2 Likes

Whoops that is a typo. Should have said 14,000! (I edited my original comment.)But I will add that my friend is alumni and texted me this:
I got a message from Denison saying we had a record number of alumni interviews and our apps were up 19 percent from last year’s record breaking class and there was a 38 percent increase in early decision apps!!

1 Like

Decisions on March 16th!

5 Likes

Decisions are out

1 Like

Decisions are out! DD is in!

3 Likes

Good luck to everyone today!

My son is in! We are headed to campus in a couple of weeks to see if it checks the right boxes.

4 Likes

My son was waitlisted. Any insight on whether or not this will turn into an acceptance or how the process works?

2 years ago (haven’t seen them publish data for last year yet), they offered waitlist to almost 1600.
Of those, 285 took the option to get on the waitlist.
And then 16 eventually enrolled in the class from the waitlist.

Keep in mind that there is a good chance that the waitlist is need-aware, also.

2 Likes

We will be there this weekend to see DD who graduates in May. Has been a great experience for her. When you hear them say the professors get involved with the students to support and mentor them, they really mean it. Stop by Three Tigers Brewing in Granville for a good lunch or dinner!

3 Likes

My DS was admitted to Denison with $10K/yr in merit (Alumni). He has strong ECs, a rigorous courseload (15+ APs), and relatively high stats (3.96UW, 4.6W, 1490 SAT). He’s interested in PPE and really liked Denison at CTCL fair, but it’s probably the school he knows the least about. He has gotten into a few other schools that are higher on his list in the last few days, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to convince him to consider it now (although I think it could be a good fit)

My daughter will be a freshman next fall and is so excited. We have heard such great things!

Hi! My DDs were accepted with merit RD. Do any of you have insight into the effects/safety ramifications regarding the recent train derailment (toxic chemicals) in East Palestine? I can’t help but be concerned. TIA!

Granville is well west of that location (i.e, not downwind or really anywhere near there).

2 Likes

My daughter is a senior at Denison and will graduate in May. I have been checking on the train derailment situation since it occurred. It’s 150 miles away and have been assured minimal to no risk to Granville/Columbus.